Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2020 Moderating
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there are a couple of things I don't understand from this pic I took while following this jeep the other day:

1) Is the tire cover supposed to be scary or happy?
2) “It’s a jeep thing you wouldn’t understand” -> What exactly wouldn't I understand? (besides if the tire cover is happy or scary)
3) “Don’t’ follow me, you won’t make it” -> I won't make it where?
4) “I’m the black jeep of the family” -> Meaning what? I have a black Fronty, I'm not worthy?

Can anyone enlighten me on these items?

Attachments

·
2020 Moderating
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno, don't wanna pretend to know. Taking pics while driving will cost you $600 here, bet you didn't need to know that either
I was at a complete stop, thank you though for that tip.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm gonna try...
1) That's an art thing for owner. Some happy people can still be scary.
2) All's I know is Jeep owners wave to each other... like motorcyclists... maybe they have their own community behavior.
3) Off road thing...
4) Play on the "black sheep" thing in a family.

Best I can do..

So there are a couple of things I don't understand from this pic I took while following this jeep the other day:

2) “It’s a jeep thing you wouldn’t understand” -> What exactly wouldn't I understand? (besides if the tire cover is happy or scary)
4) “I’m the black jeep of the family” -> Meaning what? I have a black Fronty, I'm not worthy?

·
Registered
61 Posts
well i don't get it and i HAD a 95cj and had to dump it after like a year as i couldn't stand the kidney busting spleen ripping ride of the dam thing,BUT being a ex pennsylvanian maybe its a pa thing,lol.

ps;and the waving thing,for the first few months i wouldn't wave back and always thought wtf,whys this person waving at me i don't know them..

pss;BuT that thing is creepy and would hate having to stare at it,,,lolz

·
Premium Member
5,324 Posts
"LOOK AT ME - LOOK AT ME"
- Made you look. -

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
All's I know is Jeep owners wave to each other... like motorcyclists... maybe they have their own community behavior.
I don't wave to other Frontier owners but I'll stop to help if help is needed.
About a year ago around 3 a.m. I stopped to help a 1st gen at a gas station when I saw 2 people rolling a tire to the air station and their friend sitting on the other same side wheel and tire that they removed. 2 blown with one spare.
I offered my full size spare on the condition that it be returned to me. They were hesitant to accept my offer until I told them I wouldn't have even stopped had they been driving something else. Their 4wd and my 2wd have the same bolt pattern, it's 3 a.m., 2 blown tires on same side told me they'd been boozin, and are in a highly patrolled area. The idiot friend kept saying my tire wasn't tall enough while he was putting duct tape on the blown tire sidewall.
I asked the trucks owner to please tell her friemd to STFU. She obliged. I explained to her and her other friend, my shorter tire up front but with same bolt pattern might feel funny when driving but it will get them home.
The other friend slapped it on and was surprised that it fit, told the idiot friend that he's a idiot with his duct tape.
Spare was returned less than a week later.

·
Registered
783 Posts

1) Neither. It's' hungry
2) He/she (she more than likely) doesn't understand either, and is blaming it on her jeep
3) You don't wanna go where she's going anyway, so why would anyone follow her?
4) Nono. Black trucks matter!

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts