Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to rausch creek yesterday. our group became like 18 strong broke to two groups. i went to the green one with safari ed guiding. it was awesome. there were 4 stock and 3 light mods 1 (was late and had no one else to ride with) heavy moded. did greens including 14 and one blue 19. had a stock land rover, 2 stock jeeps and 1 stock 08 toyota 4runner which left early cuz pissed of wife lol. crazy part is our guide rolled of the path down side of mountain rollled once and walked away with few bruises and cuts (thank god). and the newbie (me) stayed to help of the recovery of the vehicle.
2386_03_07_09_9_11_56_0.jpg

2386_03_07_09_9_11_58_3.jpg

2386_03_07_09_9_16_43_1.jpg

2386_03_07_09_9_16_44_2.jpg

2386_03_07_09_9_22_12_2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
looks like fun:goodjob:but sucks to be the guy with the jeep atleast he was ok how long did it take to get it back on all 4

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Nice pic's.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Definitely looks like good time. Good stuff

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Glad you got out and had a good time.

So the guide, in his new jeep, rolls it? Glad he was ok, that thing looks like it will need some cosmetic work. Good job for you staying and helping him and nice pics.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it took about 2 hours and 2 winches to get him out. we had to get him up right then had reposition him cuz he stuck around a couple of trees and a small boulder. we even use another truck to pull his rear even while he was on the 2 winches to turn it.

it wasnt a new truck. by the time we got the jeep back to the entrance the owner had left already so we didnt get to see if would start up.

yea it was an awesome time. hopefully i can convince her to get this weekend (the wife)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for the light wheeling
anytime u go, there is always a chance of something breaking. no way to get around that.

as for the guy leaving
that guy ride there so much that everyone that has ever been there either has riden with him or know of him. plus he us an older dude, 50 something. he is a good dude. last year he went to rausch 26 times, so thats everyother weekend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Geez, so how did this dude actually roll? It looks like he tipped over like he wasn't on the trail or a challenge? Was he just in a bad spot trying to turn around or something?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Took my fronty out today, wish I had a camera to document it like you did. I also had a great time, although would have been more fun if I had others to go with.

Maybe I'll invite a friend next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts