Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

I have been here for a few monts now. Dispite the issue Ive hade with my frontier, (rear diff and trany replaced under warrenty) I have a deep love for my truck, which is the first vehical that I ever owned that didn't look like I stole it from the junk yard! All of my past rides, you could see the road throught the floor! So I'm new to every thing about this.

Anyway there is just some lingo that I'm unsure of what it means

1) aal...?
2) when people ask about uca. Why is know one interested in the Lca? Dont you need both of the control arms?
3) Will just adding control arms add lift?
4) I have read that you shouldnt got past a 2 inch suspension lift on 4X4's. Why? (with spacers)

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
1) aal...? Add-A-Leaf
2) when people ask about uca. Why is know one interested in the Lca? Dont you need both of the control arms? People only do uppers since that is where the coil-bucket contact is. Lowers are only done when you are going to be doing some more extreme offroading and mainly used when building a prerunner.
3) Will just adding control arms add lift? Nope, they are just designed with some different geometry to prevent the coil-bucket contact.
4) I have read that you shouldnt got past a 2 inch suspension lift on 4X4's. Why? (with spacers) If you go with a 3" spacer, your CV joints get pretty extreme and will cause binding and other issues.

This is also why most 4x4 guys that want more lift tend to go with a dropbracket suspension (calmini or fabtech) or a titan swap to keep it a little less involved.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! That helped alot. But he has diffrent answers then what I hear from other places. I want one more inch in the front. I currently have 2 in the front and 2 in the rear, and its not level. I hate that. But I heard 3 inch spacer in the front is not good.

So is a 3 inch spacer ok with UCA's? I should talk to this greg guy I keep hearing about. How do I get a hold of him?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks! That helped alot. But he has diffrent answers then what I hear from other places. I want one more inch in the front. I currently have 2 in the front and 2 in the rear, and its not level. I hate that. But I heard 3 inch spacer in the front is not good.

So is a 3 inch spacer ok with UCA's? I should talk to this greg guy I keep hearing about. How do I get a hold of him?
Here he is:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f43/prg-closed-week-july-13-thru-20th-47702/

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1) aal...? Add-A-Leaf
2) when people ask about uca. Why is know one interested in the Lca? Dont you need both of the control arms? People only do uppers since that is where the coil-bucket contact is. Lowers are only done when you are going to be doing some more extreme offroading and mainly used when building a prerunner.
3) Will just adding control arms add lift? Nope, they are just designed with some different geometry to prevent the coil-bucket contact.
4) I have read that you shouldnt got past a 2 inch suspension lift on 4X4's. Why? (with spacers) If you go with a 3" spacer, your CV joints get pretty extreme and will cause binding and other issues.

This is also why most 4x4 guys that want more lift tend to go with a dropbracket suspension (calmini or fabtech) or a titan swap to keep it a little less involved.
Thanks, We must have posted at the same time, I didn't see your responce.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
UCAs only affect your coil-bucket contact and not your CV angles.

If you want more then 2" in lift in the front safely you need to do some kind of drop bracket set-up or ditch your 4x4 stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
you can go 3" in the front with uca's and be safe 3" spacers with the uca's or aftermarket shocks and uca's

PRG Products

PRG Products

:noworries:jordo

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Stay away from spacers. They are cheap for a reason.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you can go 3" in the front with uca's and be safe 3" spacers with the uca's or aftermarket shocks and uca's

PRG Products

PRG Products

:noworries:jordo

So am I reading this right?

I CAN have a 3 inch spacer in the front with stock control arms BUT I will hear it make contact when I have full rebound extension.

But If I have a 3 inch spacer and PRG UCA I will not make contact at all.

AND either way I will not hurt my uv joints?

Is that right?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
if you have stock uca's yes it will make a lot of contact if you get prg uca's it still might make contact but not as bad especially not durring everyday driving only if you go fast over speedbumps,driveways or bumpyroads ect and yeah if you can deal with the noise either way it is not bad on your cv joints did you read the info in the prg radflo link

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I did read it... I remember reading the leveling kits I saw on ebay, and they had said that you should not do a 3 inch lift on a 4X4. I guess that is still ringing in my ear. But I'll take PRG's word over some dude on ebay any day.

Nismo5 thanks again for taking the time to get me straitend out. It appreciatet it. I would not get the same respect from alot of others on here. So thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
no prob dude glad to help and yeah i would definitly take prg's word over some dude on e bay any day

1 - 18 of 18 Posts