Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any good updated pics of my Pathy, so I found one on Google that I had photoshopped. I already did the expanded steel grille mod and sprayed it with bedliner so the grille does not have the stock honeycomb. The rest of my Pathy is stock majestic blue, however, my bumper cover is so beat up with rock chips that I am considering spraying it with bedliner. The Pathy front bumper cover is one piece, but I still have the option of painting the entire thing or just the lower part. Attached is a pic of the entire bumper.

Yea or nay?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm mixed on it, leaning more towards "ehhhhhh".
Me too. I wonder if it would be better if I did just the lower portion of the bumper like how the Fronty has the black front bottom bumper.

·
Registered
112 Posts
the contrast between the two finishes is too harsh...especially on the fender sides. it looks like a bad hood bra. now if you were to do bedliner flames down the sides and over the hood, i think it might be interesting. otherwise i'd put up a 'shop of just the lower portion.

the truck seems to be in good shape. have you ruled out majestic blue?

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
That would look crappy in my opinion, what about detailing and buffing or respraying stock paint and doing a clear bra.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the Dr Color Chip product to fill in all of the rock chips, which worked great in that regard, but the dimples from the chips remain. I've thought about taking it to a detailer and having them wet sand it, but I don't know how much that would help.

I'd love to get my hands on an SE Fronty bumper where the lower portion is already black, but I don't know how well it would fit (Fronty = 2 piece, Pathy = 1 piece).

This is what the bedliner would look like from the split down. The majestic blue is such a dark color that it is hard to see the bedliner unless it was really sunny out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used the Dr Color Chip product to fill in all of the rock chips, which worked great in that regard, but the dimples from the chips remain. I've thought about taking it to a detailer and having them wet sand it, but I don't know how much that would help.

I'd love to get my hands on an SE Fronty bumper where the lower portion is already black, but I don't know how well it would fit (Fronty = 2 piece, Pathy = 1 piece).

This is what the bedliner would look like from the split down. The majestic blue is such a dark color that it is hard to see the bedliner unless it was really sunny out.

Much better!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts