Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on some things to make the site more secure and wound up messing the database up. had to restore from really early this morning. lost todays posts. I wont do that again. I am still trying to fix some things from when we got hacked I didn't realize what I was doing was going to kill things. Please forgive me.
m4ck

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
Hey No problem!! :p I was wondering where all my post from luch time went!!

I think somebody had mentioned some of us pitching in to help you out with the cost for the VBulletin software. Would that help the situation out with the security issues? Just let us know I'm sure we could probably get enough people to pitch in between here and Club Titan!! 8)

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Me too.

Now relax and go have a cold one or two.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ill pitch in, if theirs anything else I can do, feel free to e-mail me.

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
chinaman said:
the first thing I check when I come on the computer is

1. email
2. Bank account (see my money go bye bye from aftermarket parts)
3. Clubfrontier
This sounds way too familiar!! 8O :lol:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will chip in as well, just ask if you want help.
From the looks of things you have many people here that are willing to lend a hand. Dont take the whole load man. We all have enough stress in our lives release some of yours Go have a few drinks.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys you make me feel good.
Problem is getting the site converted. Thats what I have been reading up on and going from phpnuke to vbulletin doesnt sound too easy. I have seen people paying close to $1000.00 to convert a forum. Thats just not possible for me. I will take my time and read up on it and make a duplicate site to try it on. If I get it to work then I will do the main site.
If any of you have any tips on the matter or find some good info point me to it.
m4ck

·
Registered
50 Posts
I will totally chip in too. Also, I work at Intel and there are enough "geeks" around here that I am sure I can find out something. LOL

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
Beating a dead horse

I would be glad to help out in the conversion...

it is more about figureing out where to insert the data from the current mysql tables into the vb mysql tables...

I am a mysql expert....

I can install phpnuke on one of my web servers for the database relations....

but... yeah the nasty part...

vb costs money... and I dont have the vb databases...

if you can backup your mysql databases for the vb isntall I can probably write a script for conversion of the databases...

please pm/e-mail me if you are interested...

I may be new... but I like to chip in and help when I can...

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Beating a dead horse

tc3driver said:
I would be glad to help out in the conversion...

it is more about figureing out where to insert the data from the current mysql tables into the vb mysql tables...

I am a mysql expert....

I can install phpnuke on one of my web servers for the database relations....

but... yeah the nasty part...

vb costs money... and I dont have the vb databases...

if you can backup your mysql databases for the vb isntall I can probably write a script for conversion of the databases...

please pm/e-mail me if you are interested...

I may be new... but I like to chip in and help when I can...

Thanks for the offer but I actually came up with my own way to do it. Using a phpbb coverter and moving certain tables from the phpnuke database to a fresh phpbb database anyway it wasn't easy but after about 13 hours I was able to get clubtitan.org converted. It shouldn't take me quite that long to do this site. I am going to try and work on this sometime this week.
Thanks again
M4ck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts