Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The narrow stance makes it look so wimpy. I have an 2007 Nismo 4x4 Crew Cab. Love the truck. Put PRG 1.5 spacers and bigger tires (cant remember size)...but the stance is still very narrow. The truck looks GREAT from the side, but from the front and back, it looks narrow, top heavy and wimpy.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
buy a titan

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
a set on rims well give you the stance you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
my pro comp 7089s have a lot of backspacing and push the wheels out some. or you could just buy wheel adapters. or titan swap as said above.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
park it next to a ford ranger or a chevy colorado, then you will appreciate how wimpy your truck isn't

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
park it next to a ford ranger or a chevy colorado, then you will appreciate how wimpy your truck isn't
What he said!

I agree with you OP. I am doing the Titan swap because of the same concerns. The titan swap adds 3 inches to the wheels. I should say makes them stick out 3 inches on each side. A total of 6 inches.

If thats too much then a set of rims with a bout +18 off set should do it. We have +30 now.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Well, if your 4X4 you gatta get longer axles cuz the Titan stuff pushes everything out.
But if you just ment the front and/or back. The answer is only front. I have to get wheel spacers for the rear to make it all even.

Some just leave it sticking out more in the front. It has the "pre-runner" look to it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Haha, i know this is a nissan forum, but I otta say I really like the chev colorado, the 4l60e transmission in them have the WORST shift ratios EVER but, other than that, my ex girlfriend's 08 i built up for her with the wider rims, 3" lift, 32's, that truck is killer offroad, smooth machine, comfy, plenty of power, etc.. but I do love my frontier and I agree that it's stance is wimpy... just like a stock coly, ranger, .. let's not mention the dakota that looks like a lifted avenger. Some wider stance rims shal do the trick, like my rodeo in my sig, no spacers there, those tires stick out a good 3 ish inches, if you go too wide, just be sure to lift it enough so the wheels go inside of the wheel well when flexing.

·
Registered
431 Posts
hahahahahahahahaha! so true

i hav a friend who drives a 1980 chevy luv truck and it makes my basically stock nismo look like a monster! i love it! lol!

·
Registered
773 Posts
The narrow stance makes it look so wimpy. I have an 2007 Nismo 4x4 Crew Cab. Love the truck. Put PRG 1.5 spacers and bigger tires (cant remember size)...but the stance is still very narrow. The truck looks GREAT from the side, but from the front and back, it looks narrow, top heavy and wimpy.

Thoughts?
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
At work, I park my Gen 1 between a dodge quad cab 2500 lwb and a dodge quad cab 2500 swb. both dodge's are 2wd. My truck is smaller, but I wouldn't say it looks whimpy.

·
Registered
315 Posts

I disagree, I love my Frontier and all and know build wise it's better all around than a Colorado or Ranger but both of those trucks come with more lift from the factory than even the top of the line Pro-X4 Frontier. The SE 4x4's don't even look like a 4x4 truck. When my truck had stock rugged trails I would go up to the slopes in the winter and the chain-control would always have to ask me "is this truck 4WD" that's why I installed the "4x4 Off-road" decals on the bed from the '06 Titan and added BFG All-Terrains now they don't ask anymore.

But in all seriousness stock for stock the Frontier is the weakest looking truck IMO because it comes with stupid tires and hardly any lift.

But as an example look at these..

·
Registered
431 Posts
I disagree, I love my Frontier and all and know build wise it's better all around than a Colorado or Ranger but both of those trucks come with more lift from the factory than even the top of the line Pro-X4 Frontier. The SE 4x4's don't even look like a 4x4 truck. When my truck had stock rugged trails I would go up to the slopes in the winter and the chain-control would always have to ask me "is this truck 4WD" that's why I installed the "4x4 Off-road" decals on the bed from the '06 Titan and added BFG All-Terrains now they don't ask anymore.

But in all seriousness stock for stock the Frontier is the weakest looking truck IMO because it comes with stupid tires and hardly any lift.

But as an example look at these..

those trucks just look taller b/c the overall dimensions are smaller the frontiers hav way more clearance stock and my rugged trails look good they just suck offroad my truck rides higher and looks way bigger than thoseb/c it is

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
...but from the front and back, it looks narrow, top heavy and wimpy.

Thoughts?
^getta set of 1.5" spacers from WheelAdapter.com that'll add 3 inches more track F/R; you'll have to trim some(more) off the front plastics.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts