Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Frontier; I hope no one here was the one who stole my Nissan emblem !!!

Super Moderator
Someone needed some bling and has it hanging on a necklace! 馃槈

Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
Someone in my small town was stealing truck emblems for a while - many Nissans and Tacomas that are missing their badges in town. I'm used to the look now, been years without.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Good time to paint that grill. ;)
Good point, actually did paint the grille on my '88 Mazda truck, with Krylon Fusion, and that looks good. In the last 5 years, the white paint on the '98 Frontier has started to flake off, so its days of looking that great are in the rear view mirror ! The Arizona sun definitely takes its toll, older photo below.

My 2004 Frontier and my '88 Mazda truck get garaged and look nicer.

Registered
I got a hamburger if u want it, I'll take a picture and post when I get to work tomorrow.

Registered
When i bought a new grill to replace my bubbled up grill on my 2000 i had to swap over the emblem. Had to go to parts store and get some "Emblem Glue". Guess theres a special glue for everything including emblems.

Registered
Pretty sure it was someone that's going to buy a 2022 and didn't like the new burger design so made a preemptive strike! Lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
OK, here's the "before" picture.

I decided to paint the faded grille black, as it appears that black was the original color. I used Krylon Fusion All-in-One aerosol, Matte Black. Then I found a Nissan emblem of correct size #62890-0W000 in my parts box; it turns out that this is for a 1996-1999 Pathfinder but is the correct size but the pins were in the wrong place for a Frontier, so I broke the plastic "pins" off and used black RTV adhesive to attach the emblem. I also painted the white trim below the grille after unbolting that (let's just say it's way better now). So here's the "after" photo:

Registered
2013 S 4X4 CCSB 2" lift General Grabber ATx
The burger on my tailgate was missing (actually, all the emblems are gone) when I bought my Frontier due to a wrap on the tailgate. I took the wrap off, & I think I'm going to find an old Datsun badge to put back there...& maybe something else...first this,

...then maybe a little exacto surgery...rearrange a few letters...yeah, I like where this is going!

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I never knew the logo was called a hamburger before !!!

Reactions: Here2Learn

Registered
Looks good cusser! Now get out there and mow that gravel before the hoa fines yer ***! 馃お

Reactions: Here2Learn

Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
so I broke the plastic "pins" off
A man much wiser than I once told me...."No no no no no. You never ever bend or break anything. You've adjusted or modified them."

Premium Member
It just a burger. Not a hamburger or cheeseburger. Let not complicate this people! 馃槵

Registered
Want it? Tell me where to send it I'll pay postage can't be more than a couple bucks, that will be my good deed for the day. Lmk.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts