Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not that i dont mind cleaning my truck in fact i enjoy it

what i hate most is the fact that after im done and while im doing it i see tons of scratches and nicks and dents. now i try to baby my truck and i do take it off road but still its just a real pain in the neck. i think anyone who has another black truck can agree it breaks your heart. my newest discovery, RUST. @#$# #@$# @$#@ 2#@ $#@. to see what i mean look in the photo section. i just washed it, and i think it looks great.. from far away, look at the picture head on, just so much crap.

first time ive posted pictures since i got the mods to my truck almost 3 months ago and i would like some feedback, but i am mainly venting my frustration about life with a black truck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yea what kills me is I've never dented or scratched my truck off road. But I have like 3 door ding dents and some mystery parking lot scratches.

BUT on the bright side i love how it looks all cleaned up!

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Black is A LOT of work, just the way it is. I always say I won't get another black vehicle but it seems that the best deals I find are on black ones. Our previous 04 Expedition was black, that thing was REAL FUN to keep looking nice. Now we have 2 cars that are black, PITA.
I'm glad my truck is silver.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
a few hours spent detailing your truck should either take care of the scratches/fine swirl marks or atleast make the truck shiny enough that regular eyes cannot make them out...

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Gotta agree with this. Black is a pain to keep nice looking. Clay twice a year and wax 4 times. Wash regularly. 5 mins after wash, truck is green from all the pollen :thatswck:

But damn does she look good for those 5 mins :heysexy:

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Here's the other vehicle in the family:

I feel your pain dealing with Nissan's black paint.
Best thing is to keep up on it regularly with polishes, wax and/or sealants.
It takes me almost twice as long to polish, wax and detail the car than it does the truck.
There is no avoiding swirl marks and light streaky scratches on this black paint.

I always say black is one of the best colors when it's clean but it's probably the hardest color to keep clean.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I agree 100%. The dark gray is bad also. Every time I wash it I see another oh god!!! As much as I like dark colors, I miss my silver trucks.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Honda made a spray wax/cleaner for their motorcycles. Wash and dry vehicle, spray the product and wipe off excess and wipe/buff again. I've used it for years on my vehicles but I see they have stopped making aerosol products. There should be old stock on the shelves.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
she used to clean up real nice...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah it is a plain fact that vehicles get millions of imperfections in the paint all over after they are used enough. I kind of just look at it as normal. Regular polish/wax clear coat can help protect the paint, but not against bigger stuff that WILL fly against the truck out of nowhere while you are driving 60 MPG.

Also, take a look at your windshield. You'll see billions of tiny dings.

I got a radiant silver frontier and it makes scratches invisible. :) It really shows the waves in the body metal if you look closely enough though (a black will not that).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol the last thing i want is to notice more nicks and dings

but one thing i have realized is that i really do need to start waxing and polishing the truck something i have for the most part neglected

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I gave up on my paint a long time ago. The way I see it is I've saved all the money that I would have spent on wax, clay bars, soap, rags, sponges, etc... I'll use all that money I didn't spend and have my truck re-painted next year after a few more bushwacking trips.

Currently I'm setting a new record. It's been 1 month since I've washed or cleaned my truck in any way. I've been way too busy to care lately:)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I got a radiant silver frontier and it makes scratches invisible. :) It really shows the waves in the body metal if you look closely enough though (a black will not that).
I envy you!!! Although my silver Frontier had scratches I couldn't see them so it was great!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
but one thing i have realized is that i really do need to start waxing and polishing the truck something i have for the most part neglected
mine is not black but it is dark blue and just as much pain to keep clean. but clay bar and waxing every now and then helps especially if you don't off road like me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ziebart Diamond Gloss! Had my trunk done with their full treatment and renew it every year. Truck still looks brand new. The Diamond Gloss is amazing! Looks freshly polished and waxed ALL the time; even when it's dirty. Holds up fantastic to scratches from small rocks off the road and bushes and small branches when out on trails. The only scratches on my truck are from the dog jumping on the drivers door. Get it back from this years renewal this afternoon. Hope to get some fresh pics.

·
Registered
395 Posts
maybe its just my truck. I try to baby it but damn that red is almost as bad as my previous black vehicle. Always finding new scratches and now it looks like i have bad bad water spots on the hood or my clear coat is coming off.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts