Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my third Nissan truck in December, and finally had the Pro-4X logos installed last week. The engine is now broken in, so I decided it would be a good time for a photo as well as my first post. It's been an amazing truck so far, and handles great in the Canadian winter with the Toyo GSI-5 tires. The VDC seems to do a great job keeping it pointed straight as well. I went with the "Gun Metallic" grey to help keep the dirt hidden, which really matches with the decals nicely IMO.

I have to say, I was contemplating purchasing a Tacoma instead, but the ergonomics for myself (6'0" tall) were horrible. In a test drive, I had to move the seat forward a bit to make room for a person behind me, and my shin kept hitting the underside of the dash while operating the clutch! That put together with the $10000 additional price tag was definitely not worth it. The Frontier had quite a bit more room, and I didn't need to move the seat forward at all from my preferred position.

My only complaint is that in Canada, the manual transmission is not available with the Crew Cab models, so I was forced to settle with the auto.

Here she is, my 2019 Pro-4X:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

My previous Frontier, a 2003 XE-V6 MT - owned since 2012:
Vehicle Off-roading Automotive tire Car Tire

And my first vehicle, the 92 Pickup 2.4L 4x4 MT that I had from 2009 to 2012:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Pickup truck

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier
585 Posts
Welcome! Good looking trucks. I noticed the same issue with Tacoma ergonomics.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,113 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Canuck. I run the same Toyo winter tires and they work great, for sure. I also had good success with Hankook RW11 studded tires in the past.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts