Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

greetings from down under!!

OK, so I'm here because I have on order a turbo Diesel 6spd 4x4 ST-X Navara(Frontier) dual cab.... bascially it's got as much fruit as we get- which isn't a lot- no leather option, no Sat Nav, no traction pack, no side airbags etc... we get umm, 6 stacker in dash, leather steering wheel, cruise control. No stereo controls on the wheel either damn it!..

The D40 model was only released here in December 05, so I'm one of the 1st few hundred people in the country to get one. Hiluxes are really the common 4x4 choice here., but are significantly more expensive and based on local reviews not as good.

So I bought it to tow this -

which is my dirt rally car. It's a 1975 Holden (think GM) Gemini. We've been running around in club level stuff for the last couple years, and now are about to upgrade to one of these-

Suburu Impreza RS ( 2.5 litre N/A AWD)

Hopefully some of the info you guys have will transfer to here, and I can tell you all about the turbo diesel goodness! :D

Cheers

Rowds

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys,

I already have my eye on the Ipod interfacey thing from yournissanparts.com!! :)...

Interestingly the dealers over here don't stock any of the util- track accessories like the bed divider etc.- bed divider will be GOLD! for when we go rallying!

Nor do they have any underbody protection!!... that fuel tank looks a little vunerable to me!...especially considering the amt of dirt road driving we do going to rallies etc.. so I'll have to get my mechanics to make me a big skid plate I think!

Rowds

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just rang Nissan to chase delivery date- 1st week of MAY!!!!!!... GRRR... long time to wait yet...

still looking forward to it though!

Rowds

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi mate - from a Pom!

Bed divider - I got a company in the UK to make me one - 75 UKP instead of Nissans price of 180 quid!

Its made of chequer plate ally to match the chequer plate liner I have just installed

nj aluminium linings http://www.njaluminiumlinings.co.uk/

i have just phoned them - they are very happy to deal with overseas orders.

The quality of the linin is top notch..

No - I dont work for them!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey guy,

I was born in the Uk and my mum and little bro both are back there now(along with a whole bunch of my mates!) Brotheris in london, and mum in the lake district) so you won't get the ribbing you otherwise would!! :lol:

those chequerplate liners look great! WOW!>. bet they weigh a bit though!.. and they'd get waay too hot to be practical out here!... plastic stays cooler to the touch!..

thanks for the info though!

Rowds

1 - 10 of 10 Posts