Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pretty crazy event - Friday I headed back into the mountains for some fishing and camping. My buddy and i were up first some we scouted some area.

After that we headed up the road to a nearby lake. That was when we found the puddles.

I was taking some laps and tail whipping around in this area when i slid around and everything in my truck hit the dash. There was a HUGE hole hiding in the puddle and it completely swallowed my front left tire. As usual i hit it fast and hard.

Where the hole was hiding from me.

After some scouting i was able to pull it back out.

Video

While i was driving away i felt my brakes hit the floor and the truck was still rolling. I got it to stop and found where a rock had smashed the bolt holding the brake line to the caliper. The steel lines took some hits but didn't rupture. Im very glad i have those installed. I re-crushed the bolt on topped off the fluid and drove home the next day. The alignment is jacked! I limped it home because the tires want to to go opposite directions. Hopefully nothing is bent.

On dry land

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
The video didn't come up.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike, I think i fixed it. Everything seems okay in the suspension. I found my power steering issues might be coming from a blown seal where the shaft connects to the rack.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
gotta watch them puddles in the woods :) tweekers around here dump trash in the deeper ones weve even found a engine block in one but that hole looks pretty sneaky

but look on the bright side your truck still looks good even with one wheel buried in a hole:noworries:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Dam dude, good to here that you made it out ok. Where were you guys at? I'm headed up Tuesday just north of silverthorne towards cremling.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yeah, those can be game changers for sure.

I like the truck, looking good !!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im very impressed it rolled home. Straightened the tie rods and im ready to go! I was in the Grand Mesa Forest area an hour into the woods south of Grand Junction.

Yes. I secure my toolbox, tire and jack with straps and it has worked perfect in all conditions. Unfortunantly, on this part of the trip i only had one janky strap on because i had undone some to get my bike out. In the first picture you can see it snapped and launched the tools.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
just bent tierods huh? Lucky... If that was me I woulda for sure had bent something major :( just my kinda luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts