Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
That's a nice looking truck. Good choice. I always wish they made the P4X in long bed. Just make sure they put the newer software on the transmission so it shifts as nice as the 2022 and your good to go!! Those LWB's look pretty killer lifted up. Show us pics of the mods. Enjoy! I agree the increase in MSRP is hard to justify. IMO, the only real gain is a little better ride and a fancy dancy head unit. You already got the newer drivetrain. I think allot of folks will regret not picking up a 21. My dealers sold them all a long time ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's a nice looking truck. Good choice. I always wish they made the P4X in long bed. Just make sure they put the newer software on the transmission so it shifts as nice as the 2022 and your good to go!! Those LWB's look pretty killer lifted up. Show us pics of the mods. Enjoy!
Thanks ya I noticed the shifting issue the other day...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks ya I noticed the shifting issue the other day...
I test drove a 22 and the transmission was very smooth. I'm pretty sure they resolved most of the issues. I was paying allot of attention to it trying to feel the issues. But for the most part, the transmission did not draw any attention to itself. It might be the best trans in the segment at this point.

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
379 Posts
Why not a 22? Not much price difference, not much difference from mechanism but way better driving experience with those techs and quite cabin
Why do you thread crap anyone talking about buying a '21??? It is none of your business why folks buy what they do. Maybe he, like me, likes the older style and simple design. The 20/21 already has the new drivetrain and the 22 is just an update, not a whole new truck. And yes - there is a significant price difference.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts