Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and went out this week and got me a brand new 2016 Lava Red Frontier. I love the color and there were only a few within 100 miles of me, so I had to really look around. A lot of the Lava's had tan interior which I didn't want. I found one that met my needs and wants AND of course it was 100 miles from me. I drive the 2 hrs and pulled into the lot after 2 days of negotiations over the phone and what did I see? These a$$holes had put 20in tires and wheels, a 2in lift kit, and sidesteps on my stock truck that I was coming to buy. At first I was VERY pissed off, then I calmed down(the more I looked at the truck-It did look awesome.) The price went from $21000 to $31000- When I found this out, I cussed everyone at the dealership and walked out. Next day they called with a much more reasonable price and I went back and got it.
It's already got a recall for an airbag, and the tire pressure light is on all the time, which is a famous Nissan trait. Has or Does anyone with new trucks have any info for me on what to watch for , Like what I can expect to break. I walked thru the shop at the dealership and there were several new frontiers with the dashes completely ripped out- I said "that don't look good" , I assumed it was a/c evap related. Anyway, if you guys with the new trucks have had any issues, let me know. I'll post a pic of my new little beast soon. >:D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey Tompands!

I've got a 2016 Lava Red Frontier too... got at about a month ago.

I haven't heard anything about problems yet. It's a very strong truck, still trying to get
used to it's excelleration, I'm still squealing the tires.
I had a Dodge Ram that I'd owned for 14 years previously and wanted to downsize.

I'm taking it to have the fenders and rockers "bedlined" next week. I'm installing a
2 1/2 inch leafspring set tomorrow and maybe I'll get the shop that's doing the fenders
to install the front lift kit since it will need an alignment.

I've done a few other things, power inverter, air compressor, auxillary battery, cb
radio, fuel take-off. Will post picks when I figure out how too.

Maybe we can keep in touch and see how our trucks are progressing. I know I need
to do something about the exhaust. I grew really fond of the Ram's growl and need
to hear something beside the condenser fan when I crank it. I'll see what I come up
with.

·
Super Moderator
10,765 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

Clint

·
Registered
520 Posts
Welcome to the club! Great trucks, most issues were worked out long ago. There are few mods that may be worth doing as time goes on but for now Drive it and enjoy that lift. I had to wait a whole year for mine!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dealer had to pull the dash on mine to run the harness for the automatic headlight sensor, it had gotten missed at the factory somehow

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here's mine so far.
Was looking for some fender flares but couldn't find any, so I got the fenders and
rockers sprayed with bed liner.

Got a 2 1/2" suspension lift ( it's actually 3 1/2" right now , but I expect it to settle ).

Replaced the rear bumper and got a push bar on the front.

Oh... and made a storage box to replace the rear seats... something I saw here on another members truck.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,765 Posts
Here's mine so far.
Was looking for some fender flares but couldn't find any, so I got the fenders and
rockers sprayed with bed liner.

Got a 2 1/2" suspension lift ( it's actually 3 1/2" right now , but I expect it to settle ).

Replaced the rear bumper and got a push bar on the front.

Oh... and made a storage box to replace the rear seats... something I saw here on another members truck.
Looking great!

Clint

·
Registered
8 Posts
and went out this week and got me a brand new 2016 Lava Red Frontier. I love the color and there were only a few within 100 miles of me, so I had to really look around. A lot of the Lava's had tan interior which I didn't want. I found one that met my needs and wants AND of course it was 100 miles from me. I drive the 2 hrs and pulled into the lot after 2 days of negotiations over the phone and what did I see? These a$$holes had put 20in tires and wheels, a 2in lift kit, and sidesteps on my stock truck that I was coming to buy. At first I was VERY pissed off, then I calmed down(the more I looked at the truck-It did look awesome.) The price went from $21000 to $31000- When I found this out, I cussed everyone at the dealership and walked out. Next day they called with a much more reasonable price and I went back and got it.
It's already got a recall for an airbag, and the tire pressure light is on all the time, which is a famous Nissan trait. Has or Does anyone with new trucks have any info for me on what to watch for , Like what I can expect to break. I walked thru the shop at the dealership and there were several new frontiers with the dashes completely ripped out- I said "that don't look good" , I assumed it was a/c evap related. Anyway, if you guys with the new trucks have had any issues, let me know. I'll post a pic of my new little beast soon. >:D
Hi ! Congrats on new truck. I am confused though about your note. Are you saying that you called a dealer looking for lava red frontier, they said they had a new one for sale, you went to take delivery after your phone negotiations and you arrive to discover the dealer had altered the vehicle from stock with lift kits, new tires, rims etc as you describe? That sounds totally bizarre to me, no?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice looking truck. I wanted a red one but they offered me a good deal on the white one so I went with it. I like the white pretty well too though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts