Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have an issue with the Hypertech programmer and a gen 2 Frontier?
I picked up a programmer (model 62001) and was hoping for a simple program and go sorta thing on my '06. After it read the computer it said "Cal not found" so I updated it over the internet per the instructions. That gave me another error that said no calibration was available for my truck.
I submitted my email to be notified when it became available and have also contacted tech support, but the most I've heard back is they're "working on it"

I was under the impression that this was a pretty easy upgrade to do, esp. on a 4 year old truck. Anybody else have this trouble with a Hypertech programmer?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Happens to all of the programmers, but it's kinda Nissans fault. The have way too many different ecus in their vehicles. I cant speak for the hypertech, but when I got my superchips the same thing happened. 2 days later they had my file done, updated it via their program and all was good to go.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to know. I was under the assumption this was a plug n' play sorta deal; should've known better with anything involving computers.

Hypertech emailed me late this evening to tell me my config file would be ready tomorrow. All is well, just needed to be a little more patient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.