Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else get annoyed by the fact that the foot well vents "leak" air especially when the window demister vents are selected? And even more annoyed when the dealership tells you its "normal operation" and show you a service manual page that shows a 10-15% leakage when the window vents is active is acceptable? If i wanted cold feet, i would select the foot well vents to begin with.

These little things would have been a deal breaker for me when buying the vehicle had I known beforehand about them. I will be honest, the sole reason I leased my 2016 Frontier was to be able to upgrade to the new model once it hits North America but due to shoddy quality (my HVAC system leaked water through the inlet vents during a snow storm and froze the cabin filters and fan motor solid) and p!$$ poor service from both my dealership and Nissan Canada in general, I will not be buying the new model any time soon. I will probably go for a Ford Ranger (my brother has one back in South Africa and loves it).

Comments? Ideas? Suggestions?

·
Registered
348 Posts
My 2016 doesn't leak air. If you're disappointed with the 2016 Frontier quality, I can almost guarantee a new model (from any brand) will be worse. Never want to get a first model year of something.

Best bet is try a different dealer. But some things like this don't really have answers. Like when BMW says burning a quart of oil every 1k miles is normal operation. It shouldn't be, but is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "new" model has been available for a while (same as the Ranger). No doubt both will be "North Americanised" before being put on the market.

What annoys me is that a vehicle with such a long life should've had all of the issues ironed out by now. The dealer showed me the service manual page showing the "acceptable amount of air leakage" from the vents. I will see if I still have the copy and post it.

As for going to a different dealer, i would love nothing more. I am however in the (un)fortunate position of have a C$200 credit from Nissan Canada at the current dealership so I will have to exhaust that first before I move.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wouldn't it be a warranty issue? I think any dealer should help out with that for free, especially on a leased vehicle (although I don't know if leases work different in Canada).

You are right about wanting all the issues to be ironed out. So far I'm happy with my '16, but there are some rattles developing that have me worried. I know "its a truck", but something so new shouldn't have that problem.

If it helps at all... I almost bought a 2016 Tacoma. They had a few issues ranging from transmission tuning, to suspension/brake issues. I'll take your hvac and my rattle issues over those haha.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The dealership is slooooooooowly eliminating the rattle/squeaks/thuds/clunks but it is annoying to drive when it sounds like 2 skeletons in a biscuit tin even on smooth roads.

Other than those issues listed and the sub par fuel consumption (which I admit, I should expect from a older gen truck), I am happy. It carries and tows well, rides reasonably smoothly for a truck and sounds the best out of all small truck V6's in my opinion.

Oh, the headlights suck but hopefully an LED upgrade will rectify that. Just so many lights to choose from. I am angling towards Nighteye. Just worried about the potential lack of DRL due to the upgrade. Is this a fact with LEDs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts