Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey SoCal folks,

Who has been to Hungry Valley? How about showing some of your fellow Club Frontier/TheNewX members around?

Looking at this map - Hungry Valley map it looks like there is more than enough terrain to keep us busy for a 2 day w/e. There are some trails near the park that look pretty good as well. Lockwood/Miller jeep trail looks pretty tough. Alamo Mtn loop looks very easy.

Who is interested? Last w/e in Sept or early Oct......

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm interested, but can't do the last weekend of September (Sept. 30 ~ Oct. 2). I can do ANY of the three following weekends :)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just realized that I cannot do this Oct 8th and 9th do to a previous commitment. It is looking like Oct 15th and 16th might work best.

It was pointed out that this area is very dusty and due to fire danger it would be wise to wait until after fire season ends and the first rains arrive. We'll see who is interested and adjust accordingly. This would also be a good spring time destination as it is known for an excellent wildflower show.

Hungry Valley Wildflowers

·
Registered
741 Posts
I need to get you over the hump to the eastern side of the Sierras. Mammoth, Bridgeport, etc.

Awesome wheeling and history

·
Registered
741 Posts
Alabama Hills!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I posted over on TNX, too, but if you come up with a firm date, I'll cross post to SCCX and SCXF. This is only about an hour from me.

I wouldn't be too worried about fire or dust. It's high desert/arroyo and averages less than 10 inches of rain per year, so there's fire danger year round. We'll be good as long as we're aware of our surroundings. We just took 20+ trucks through the south side of Big Bear (desert side) and had no issues.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Been there countless of times, but on quads. Haven't done any trails in the frontier. Lots of trails to explore in Hungary valley, from beginner to expert(blue circle-black diamond). Nice campsites as well. As for the dust, Rikrong is right. It's the same all year round. Not crazy dusty either.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brian I am an hour from Hungry Valley. If you go november I can meet you there. I will be out of the country october.
Thanks Chito but there is NO WAY I am camping in november!

How about the weekend of sept 10th and 11th? Patrick??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts