I then tackled the front end after getting the easy part done. I didn't take any install photos, and if didn't go as easy as I thought it would. It did go much quicker than my original lift. The following is pretty much what I did on each side.
After removing the wheel, I went ahead and replaced the brake line with an extended line I had gotten from Performance Lifts. I didn't have to remove the sway bar due to it not being there since I did the original lift.
I then proceeded to remove the UCA. I lifted up on the spindle with a jack to relieve the pressure from the UCA, while strapping up the spindle with a bungee cord. Before installing the Tuff Country UCAs, I went ahead and packed them with grease while assembling them. So, I removed the UCA and went ahead an bolted on the new one, and went ahead and attached the spindle to it temporarily.
Next, I removed the shock. Easy cheesy.
I then removed the tie rod end from the spindle. The left one gave me a little bit of trouble when the whole ball joint wanted to spin when there was enough pressure taken off of it. No big deal, I just had to find a way to hold it tight while I finished removing the but. After getting it disconnected, I went ahead and added the PRG tie rod extenders.
I next replaced the LCA. Removing the old one was simple, Installing the new one was a pain.
First, I removed the bolt holding the LCA to the spindle. To get the LCA separated from the spindle, I jacked up on the LCA while tapping down on the spindle with a rubber mallet. Afterward, I removed the cam bolts attaching the LCA to the frame. Again, I tapped on it to get it to fall away from the frame.
This was where the fun started. I temporarily attached the LCA to the frame with the cam bolts and attempted to connect the ball joint to the spindle... Wrong. No matter what I did, I could not get the pin to align with the slot in the spindle. So, I removed the cam bolts, and tried to connect the ball joint first. If I had paid more attention to the T-Swap video, I would have known this. I added some grease to help persuade the pin to go in, and while doing so, i found out it is possible to drive the pin in too far for the attachment bolt to fit through the notch in the pin. So, I worked on having to disconnect one and align it again before finally getting it right. After a lot of banging, prying, and twisting, I finally got the UCAs installed. I then temporarily attached the tie rod ends.
Next, I installed the shocks, and tightened the ball joint connecting the UCA to the spindle. I did a rudimentary alignment, and bled the brakes, and tightened up the tie rod ball joints to the LCAs.
The whole process took all day Saturday and a big hunk of Sunday, better than the four days it took to do my original lift. Now, I just need to take it to get an alignment. I can already tell a big difference in the ride. There is so much more room for the UCAs to articulate, and the clunking noises are gone.