Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if the dashcam would pick up and properly display the HUD. I’d call the answer to that a big, fat yeperoony ! I have yet to try it in the day time. Ignore the time/day stamp, I need to replace the CMOS battery.
Please click the gear symbol and then select the highest resolution available to you. Thank you.

·
Rogue Admin
13,351 Posts
Where is your cam mounted? It sure cuts out the left of the picture mounting it catch the speed. Personally, I prefer to leave the speed guesstimate up to any insurance company that may need the footage.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is your cam mounted? It sure cuts out the left of the picture mounting it catch the speed. Personally, I prefer to leave the speed guesstimate up to any insurance company that may need the footage.
Thank you Zedbra. I literally set this experiment up mid trip. The thought occurred to me while driving last night. I pulled into a parking lot, removed the forward dashcam from it's mount and bungeed it to the sun visor. I used a few bunched up pieces of paper to stabilize and aim the camera. If I were to make the install permanent, I would buy another dashcam for it. That would give me two forward views. One with and one without speed indicated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts