Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Howdy y'all

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  popdaddy57 
#1 ·
I've just bought a '01 black crewcab se 4x4. Don't know if I'll ever use the 4x4 here in Ga, but it was the best deal and my wife loves the leather seats, 6 cd changer, and that we've got room for the grandkids. This is my second Nissan pickup. First one was a '70 Datsun I bought back in '79. Lot of changes between that one and this one, but so far, all for the better. This is my first 4x4, so got a question. My son says I should run the 4x4 about once a month to keep it running right. Nothing in the book about it. What do you think? [/list]

#2 ·
Welcome popdaddy57! Where in GA are you? I have a daughter and grand-daughter just south of Macon!

As far as the 4X4, I doubt you have to use it that frequently! Mine gets used maybe 3 -4 time a year, and that's in the winter if we get snow! I'm sure if you were on a dirt road someplace and wanted to engage it every so often, that would probably be fine!

#5 ·
McDonough is about halfway between Macon and Atlanta on I-75. Thanks for the advice on the 4x4. Not too much snow down here, but I can find a dirt road or two.

#6 ·
I know where McDonough is! It's famous, wasn't the lady pig farmer that appeared on Survivor from McDonough? :lol:

#7 ·
I don't remember a lady pig farmer from McDonough on Survivor. There was a lady real estate agent from Jackson, which is just down the road, on Survivor Africa.
McDonough was in Smokey and the Bandit. Near the beginning, when the Bandit drives around a small town square with a one-room police station in the middle, that's McDonough. They've since upgraded the square and torn down the police station.
McDonough is the county seat of Henry County, which is more famous for being home to Atlanta Motor Speedway.

#8 ·
Howdy!

#10 ·
Binford,
Nice to see another Georgia boy here. I noticed in your photo a trailer in the background. Do you pull it with your crewcab? We had a popup we sold last year, but we want to get another trailer and use our crewcab to pull it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.