Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting from the new guy.
First, just to get this outta the way right up front for those of you who are not from Michigan. Mackinac is pronounced "Mackinaw". Straits of Mackinac, Mackinac Bridge, Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City ........... all pronounced "Mackinaw". There is an explanation for all this but that's better left for another posting.
Purchased a Certified Preowned 2020 SV 4x4 Crew Cab 3 weeks ago and I'm lovin' it. I'd had a 2015 Chevy Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4 with tons of bells and whistles but since selling my travel trailer a year ago this past May and what with 26 people a week emailing me stupid high dollar offers to buy my Chevy I thought it might be a good time to downsize and see if these clowns are serious about really wanting to buy my truck. Ended up a couple of 'em indeed were serious. Spent much time searching the websites before I found the truck I felt was a good fit, and was looking at every late model midsize truck out there. Like I said, a CPO 2020 SV 4x4 Crew Cab, Value Truck Package, Special Edition, 10 months old with 6,500 miles on the clock. And the selling dealer who had had it on the lot for almost 2 months was willing to work on the $$$$.
I've been spending the time since I got it trying to make it my own, mostly convenience and appearance mods. Probably won't be doing too much if any in the way of performance mods other than possibly upgrading to Bilstein shocks and changing out the tires for something with a somewhat more aggressive tread and probably increasing in size.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Plant Tire

Added Note: Found this site about 6 weeks ago and have gleaned an amazing amount of information already, THANKS!
My other vehicle is a 2020 Abarth 124 Spider, bought new September of 2020.

Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
I saw your posted photo, looking good.
Your post said "Ask me how I know." I asked.
The guys at discount looked at the stack of tires I wanted mounted, looked at my brand new truck w/ 211 miles on the odometer, back at the tires, then came back in & asked me if I was sure they鈥檇 fit. I told em there was one way to find out. 馃槀

They fit well. No rubbing or scraping at full lock forwards or reverse.

Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
Welcome to the Club.

^ is there rub with wheel drop and full lock?
Dunno yet. Between work & there not being any freakin public land in Texas that鈥檚 not fenced off to go play on, I have done next to zero off-roading. My son & I went & messed around for about 5 minutes in one little gnarly spot outside of Cleburne, but it didn鈥檛 text the truck at all. There鈥檚 an off-road park near me that I wanna go check out, but that鈥檚 just not the same.

Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
Well, you may wish to hold off on tire size recommendations until you know for sure if it will damage any existing parts; at least disclaim you have no experience other than flat road mall crawling prior.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest, my optional size consideration is 265/65R18 which would only be 1.1" taller overall and the same width as the 265/60R18 which is what's now on my truck. Might gain some slight additional height due to going to a more aggressive tread but it wouldn't be all that much. Hankook Dynapro AT2 RF11 is currently the leading contender. Being of an age my days of serious off road adventures have pretty much ended which leaves me with the occasional two track afternoon and looking to be sure footed in the snow so ride confort and road noise do become part of the equation. I really don't drive or push my vehicles to their limits anymore, well sometimes with the Abarth which is a completely different animal, but having spent 57+ years owning, driving and modifying cars and trucks I just cannot bring myself to leave a car or truck OEM stock. I always seem to be able to find something that needs upgrading or modifying.

Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
First, just to get this outta the way right up front for those of you who are not from Michigan. Mackinac is pronounced "Mackinaw". Straits of Mackinac, Mackinac Bridge, Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City ........... all pronounced "Mackinaw". There is an explanation for all this but that's better left for another posting.
Purchased a Certified Preowned 2020 SV 4x4 Crew Cab 3 weeks ago and I'm lovin' it. I'd had a 2015 Chevy Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4 with tons of bells and whistles but since selling my travel trailer a year ago this past May and what with 26 people a week emailing me stupid high dollar offers to buy my Chevy I thought it might be a good time to downsize and see if these clowns are serious about really wanting to buy my truck. Ended up a couple of 'em indeed were serious. Spent much time searching the websites before I found the truck I felt was a good fit, and was looking at every late model midsize truck out there. Like I said, a CPO 2020 SV 4x4 Crew Cab, Value Truck Package, Special Edition, 10 months old with 6,500 miles on the clock. And the selling dealer who had had it on the lot for almost 2 months was willing to work on the $$$$.
I've been spending the time since I got it trying to make it my own, mostly convenience and appearance mods. Probably won't be doing too much if any in the way of performance mods other than possibly upgrading to Bilstein shocks and changing out the tires for something with a somewhat more aggressive tread and probably increasing in size.

View attachment 335567

View attachment 335568 View attachment 335569 View attachment 335570

Added Note: Found this site about 6 weeks ago and have gleaned an amazing amount of information already, THANKS!
Welcome to CF!

Registered
2016 Frontier Pro-4X CC
Welcome!! I've been to Mackinac Island before and it is so neat. It did take me some time to get used to the pronunciation. Love the truck and be careful what you say with "Probably won't be doing too much if any in the way of performance mods..." LOL :sneaky:

Registered

View attachment 335567

View attachment 335568 View attachment 335569 View attachment 335570

Did you take off the hash mark decals?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts