Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
RNZL3R, where are you from? The heated mirrors are only on the Canadian model Frontier. In the US you don't get them. They also get a block heater that the US doesn't....
I'm in the US. I also never needed the mirror defrosters because I lived in Vegas for so long. Now I'm in a place that snows.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
RNZL3R, where are you from? The heated mirrors are only on the Canadian model Frontier. In the US you don't get them. They also get a block heater that the US doesn't....
That's not true...My 08 was a US LE and it had heated mirrors. Why would you not be able to get them in the US when we have places like Maine and Alaska? They came in handy even here in Maryland, though I bought the truck in Mississippi.

·
Registered
544 Posts
RNZL3R, where are you from? The heated mirrors are only on the Canadian model Frontier. In the US you don't get them...
Incorrect to the degree that currently the SL and P4X with Luxury package gets heated mirrors...

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I stand corrected.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm reading you guys' postings because I needed to steal a 15amp fuse from the slot that read "heated mirror" on my 2006 XE. After 11 years of ownership I was curious about the heated mirrors which I know I don't have.....and so I'll not replace the fuse I nabbed. Thanks for your "heated mirrors" chatter. Carry on!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Mine has them. The symbols don't light up, but the heat works great even for removing dew.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine has them. The symbols don't light up, but the heat works great even for removing dew.
What year and trim level is your Frontier? Is it a 4 cylinder?

·
Registered
865 Posts
My Pro-4X with luxury package has 'em.... I'm in the US.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I have been corrected and learned something new. I don't have any more switch spaces, where do they put the switch for the mirrors?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
my 2016 Pro4x has them... works great while in the snow or really cold out

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have been corrected and learned something new. I don't have any more switch spaces, where do they put the switch for the mirrors?
I believe the SL has a 5-space lower switch panel and uses the switch space normally used for the diff lock on a PRO-4X.

Not sure where the PRO-4X Luxury puts the heated mirror switch. @RobFrisco415 where's yours? Lol

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The Pro4 heated mirrors switch is the rear defog button on the climate stack. My 2014 Pro has them and they work well. I have a sliding window so no rear defog, you don't get both.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Its the square defog button... i'll take a pic later after work! It's the same button for rear window

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The Pro4 heated mirrors switch is the rear defog button on the climate stack. My 2014 Pro has them and they work well. I have a sliding window so no rear defog, you don't get both.
Really??? i have a 16 with the sliding window, but still have rear window defrost with heated side mirrors

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Really??? i have a 16 with the sliding window, but still have rear window defrost with heated side mirrors
Huh, no joke, must be something Nissan changed in 15 or later then. I have no rear defog but honestly don't miss it that much, there's isnt much to see except the small slot in the middle, between the OE headrests and my sticker collection LOL.

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
989 Posts
I think that was also one of the random options Nissan eliminated. I have a '16 SV VTP and have a sliding window with no defog.

Huh, no joke, must be something Nissan changed in 15 or later then. I have no rear defog but honestly don't miss it that much, there's isnt much to see except the small slot in the middle, between the OE headrests and my sticker collection LOL.
Same. For me, the view out the back is obscured by the cab's window, the camper shell's front window, a mesh security screen, and the camper shell's back window. And that's assuming I don't have cargo that's higher than the bed rails.

I'd remove the rear view mirror entirely if it didn't have the outside temperature display integrated into it. In California, rear view mirrors aren't required if you have two side mirrors.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
My 18 has heated mirrors but no rear window defrost either.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts