Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Some of you may have noticed the original thread disappeared from the forum - that is because the new admins of the forum are not allowing thread editing, and thus I could not finish the previous guide. I had the previous thread deleted, so that I can present the completed guide now for all the forum peeps.

In the new, revised version of the guide I originally wrote last year, I go over the following information:
  • What happens to your truck right after you install a suspension-based lift
  • What "camber bolts" are and how they work
  • Suggestions for what camber bolts to buy
  • What UCAs Upper Control Arms) are and what they do
  • Differences between inexpensive and premium UCAs
  • My overview/opinion on each of the different UCAs available
  • What you'll need to get your vehicle aligned properly after a lift
  • Alignment parts buying suggestions based on budget
  • What to look for/ask for when getting an alignment for a lifted truck
  • Things to do before getting an alignment
  • The alignment specifications I personally ask for
The guide is on my project:KEIRA blog, by clicking the link below:

The End-All Guide to Camber Bolts and UCAs for 2nd Gen Frontiers

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thank you for this information! Do you see any harm in going with SPC UCA with only an 1.5" lift via the Bilstein's? I believe my ball joint on my driver side is shot (starting to clunk) and I've thinking that a higher quality setup would be better given that I do have a lift. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for this information! Do you see any harm in going with SPC UCA with only an 1.5" lift via the Bilstein's? I believe my ball joint on my driver side is shot (starting to clunk) and I've thinking that a higher quality setup would be better given that I do have a lift. Thoughts?
Should be no harm at all - if anything you'll have more adjustment range for alignment... but it will cost a lot more than a replacement OEM ball joint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts