Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent over an hour trying to search for this but no luck. I need to remove the rear driver side door panel on the 2012 Pro 4X. Anybody have a link I am missing? Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, and got plenty of info on front door panels and replacing speakers after door panels are off but no luck with rear door panels on crew cab.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Pretty identical to popping off the front panels, actually. Bolt hidden under the plastic cap near the handle, pop off the door pull top and remove the two bolts in there, then just carefully pop the entire panel around the edges. Once released, slide the panel up slightly to unhook it from the window slot, reach around the back and unhook any wire harnesses...and voila...removed door panel.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Pretty identical to popping off the front panels, actually. Bolt hidden under the plastic cap near the handle, pop off the door pull top and remove the two bolts in there, then just carefully pop the entire panel around the edges. Once released, slide the panel up slightly to unhook it from the window slot, reach around the back and unhook any wire harnesses...and voila...removed door panel.
Do you think this is necessary or even worth the trouble for tinting the windows? Looking at getting pre-cut film and doing the front driver and passenger windows myself.

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
i dont believe any/many professional places remove door panels.
i think they normally just shove the rubber strip down to fit more tint onto the window, then fish it back to normal once done.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i think they normally just shove the rubber strip down to fit more tint onto the window, then fish it back to normal once done.
I have seen a lot of tint kits for cheap with tools for stuff like this. The RVinyl instructions say: "You may need to remove inner plastic pillars, tape back the felt window draft guard or even remove the door panel trim to have good clear access to your window."

They try to market it as simple application, where this would be a step many beginners wouldn't want to go through. There are a ton of YouTube videos where people don't even mention, let alone touch the door panels or pillars.

Still interested in the pre-cut pieces. More research to be done!

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
X2

When I was tinkering with tint, I took one panel off, said heck with the others. Too much work for such a small thing. If you're careful enough, you shouldn't have to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts