Nissan Frontier Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts
Well great... she ordered both heated mirrors and received two passenger pieces. So anyway, I got the wiring all squared away and the passenger side works great. Just need to return the extra passenger glass for the drivers side glass.
Was your/her order from Courtesy Nissan also? Same thing happened to me. I ordered it last summer, then let the mirrors sit around for months before I realized that they were both passenger. Courtesy said that they'd get back to me when they could get the right part, but I haven't heard from them in over a month and a half. :(

Was your/her order from Courtesy Nissan also? Same thing happened to me. I ordered it last summer, then let the mirrors sit around for months before I realized that they were both passenger. Courtesy said that they'd get back to me when they could get the right part, but I haven't heard from them in over a month and a half. :(
Yes, the order was placed through Courtesy Nissan's web site.

I had no problem making the exchange. I called them and the dude on the other end took my order number and an explanation of the problem. He told me to pack the wrong part in the origin al box and that UPS would come to my house to pick it up the next day. Further more, I had him ship the replacement mirror to my in-laws 1000 miles away in western NY since we would be there in less than a week. When I got to NY the correct mirror was sitting on the in-laws table. They work GREAT!

I'd call Courtesy back if I were you.

one down, one to go

I ordered the mirrors a while back and finally got around to starting this today. Got the driver's side done this morning and will be doing the passenger side tomorrow. Looking forward to being able to see with mirrors on icy mornings this winter!!!

OK, Here's a dumb thought.... Can I just use the power wire for the rear window defroster to trip a relay and then send power to the outside mirrors from another source>>>?

:hi:

I installed heated mirror glass on my truck today. I did one side with 18AWG marine wire, but I didn't have enough so I did the other side with 18AWG speaker wire. The speaker wire was WAY easier to work with. I wish I used it from the start. It also helped that I knew what I was doing by that point. The whole install took me about 4 hours.

A couple observations...

The terminals on the mirrors appear to be .110" tabs. I used 3/16" (.187") terminals and they were able to move around a bit. I would suggest .110" fully-insulated female quick disconnect terminals. I'll probably switch mine to .110" eventually. The 3/16" terminals probably aren't going to fall off, but I like to do it right.

My passenger side harness was located in a different location than pictured. The two door harnesses were secured to the sheet metal behind all of the other harnesses. This made it more difficult to access. Also, my wire was light blue.

I've had mine in for a year now... they still work great! Easy and inexpensive mod that was well worth it.

Has anyone tried this mod with a newer truck or one that has the type B IPDM that does not have a heated mirror relay? My 2011 crew cab SV has a fuse for the heated mirrors, but no relay. In a bit of poking around I was not able to ascertain if any of there is actually a heated mirror wire on the loom at either door.

The FSM seems to be of little help as I cannot find where or if it tell what each wire at each connector is for.

Thanks.

Rise!!! Rise from the dead my pretty!!!

Was searching (zooooom) and I found this taco thread where the guy used snowmobile grip heating elements in his mirrors...

El Cheapo Heated Mirrors - Tacoma World Forums

Use mirro mastic to stick it back together I read.

Had anyone tried to pry the glass of the plastic backing by chance?? I got some skidoo ones hanging around I could clean up and use even cheaper.. First truck with a high & low mirror heat options I bet :)

Rise!!! Rise from the dead my pretty!!!

Was searching (zooooom) and I found this taco thread where the guy used snowmobile grip heating elements in his mirrors...

El Cheapo Heated Mirrors - Tacoma World Forums

Use mirro mastic to stick it back together I read.

Had anyone tried to pry the glass of the plastic backing by chance?? I got some skidoo ones hanging around I could clean up and use even cheaper.. First truck with a high & low mirror heat options I bet :)
You can get them apart you have to thoroughly and evenly heat them up with a heat gun, but it's not worth the risk and time in my opinion vs spending $60 bucks for replacements.

I don't see anything wasted but time, if I screwed one up I would need new glass anyways. I'm just trying to find time killing projects until the snow melts in the mountains and I can go dirt bike riding again. Actually mine would have low medium and high settings if I wired it up that way.

Heated Plastic-Backed Mirror

Dorman# 56507

Replaces Nissan# 96365EA16A

Attachment Method: Snaps onto Mirror's Plastic Motor Mount
Diagonal:
Heated Mirror: Yes
Includes Backing Plate: Yes
Package Quantity: 1
Size:
Style: Plain
Turn Signal Indicator Present: No
Use Location: Right
Dorman Door Mirror Glass

Door Mirror Glass for NISSAN |96365-EA16A

I don't think the mirrors are different from 09 to 06 either

Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

mirrors are the same from 05 to 13, maybe the reason it says it won't fit is because frontiers didn't come stock with them??

Does anyone know where the plug for defrost switch would be on a 14 sv? I'd like to do this before winter, but don't have defrost. I found the fuse and what I believe is the relay, and if the harness hasn't changed the wire in the plug is there (relay box) I looked around when I did the xterra switch mod for my driving lights but didn't see anything obvious.

For those of us unlucky enough to not have the IPDM to allow for heated mirrors I believe I have figured out a way to wire them in. I will be ordering the parts shortly and will post when I get it working. If anyone else has installed it without having the location for the relay let me know, your way may be better then my idea.

Just to clarify, In the Original post, where the O.P. Cut and added a connector off the wire going in to the harness in the kick panel, that was because there is no wire coming out of the harness that then runs to the mirror? Could the same thing be accomplished by using the proper wire terminal and then plugging it in to the other end of the harness? If so, does anyone know what terminals match up with the Nissan plug?

It's been awhile, but from what I recall and from reading the OP is that you are tapping into that wire/harness if you already have a power wire installed by the factory coming from the fuse from the panel under the hood, but not the wires running to the mirrors. I had the relay under the hood, but no fuse. The relay fed power wire was in the fuse location, but no wire ran to the harness. I installed a fuse and ran a female spade and wire from the fuse to the kick panel area. I then ran a "T" so that I could send power to each mirror via its own wire. Ground wires were short and confined to the doors. Mine have been working great since the install. Most useful mod I've made.

As far as what type of pin and where to get it, I can't help with the specifics but your idea would work and be clean. You could always pull aa unused pin from a harness... Either one of yours or from a junkyard. Radio Shack may carry them, otherwise you could try a company like tessco or mouser.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.