Nissan Frontier Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts
I can get you a pic of an 07 LE with the heated seats....i know you want an 08, but let me know if you want the 07. BTW, it wont be tonight unless the rain here stops.
I'll take whatever I can get! Thanks. Won't stop rainin' here either.

i WILL TRY TO SHOOT SOME TONIGHT
Thanks, I really am interested in the wire in socket #23. Mine is a small one and I'm guessing yours will be a heavier gage wire.

heated mirrors

I have an 05 KC. Oddly enough under the hood in the fuse panel I have the relay installed and its fused with a 15 am fuse. I wonder how much I would need to do to retrofit mine for heated mirrors.
I think I'd need to run wires in some fashion or buy a harness if one is available, install some sort of switch and retrfit the mirrors. Seems like a big job.

How's that?

Yeah, but this thread is all about installing heated mirrors on a truck not originally equipped with them. My truck has the relay and fuse under the hood but the plug is missing the wire. I currently have the FSM in .pdf open and I am drilling through it for diagrams and pin outs, and considering I've been a military electronics tech for the better part of 12 years I'm sure the wiring won't be too difficult.

I am a little concerned with using non Nissan parts. I just can't see how these could differ from swapping the glass out and running a couple of wires and spades.

Yeah, but this thread is all about installing heated mirrors on a truck not originally equipped with them. My truck has the relay and fuse under the hood but the plug is missing the wire. I currently have the FSM in .pdf open and I am drilling through it for diagrams and pin outs, and considering I've been a military electronics tech for the better part of 12 years I'm sure the wiring won't be too difficult.

I am a little concerned with using non Nissan parts. I just can't see how these could differ from swapping the glass out and running a couple of wires and spades.
You are da man. I'm unsure of the fit and finish of the aftermarket replacement parts also. They are probably made in Taiwan. That's why they can sell them at a low price.

you should be good to go. i had the relay and fuse in my LE fuse box, but the truck didnt come with heated mirrors. ran some wires to nissan mirrors and they work. i'd go with nissan mirrors, not generic ones. you can prob get them for under $40

Cool- Thanks. I assume you are talking about replacing just the glass... I liked the idea of swapping out the entire assy but will probably end up doing the glass. I'd be pretty pissed at myself if I bought el' cheapo mirrors and one fell off while driving down the road! I'll post my results when it's all said and done.

sorry, i def meant the glass. no need for the whole mirror. they pop right out. the only part that sux about the install is feeding the wire into the mirror itself.

it is on the easy side if you can pull wire. there are also grounds on each side right near where you would tap into the positive source

Factory glass...

So I got curious and thought that if some non-heated mirrors were being sold with the element installed but with the paper over them then maybe some made their way onto trucks at the factory too. Well, not the case in 2007 at least.

Here is the original mirror before...

I then cut the paper in the top left and hoped for hidden terminals... no joy....

WARNING:
If you should decide to cut the paper... as was mentioned in post 1(?) of this thread... the tip of a pocket knife is not a great idea, it will scratch the mirror and be visible on the exterior surface. I now have a box scratched into my drivers side mirror. Not a big deal since I am replacing them anyway.

Looking for that next mod and stumbled on this great thread.
Have not dug into the mirrors or kick panel, but under the hood I have the relay,fuse AND THE LIGHT GREEN WIRE in pin 23!:D Interesting that I have it my '06 CC and others do not.
Looking at the FSM there is NOT another relay in the circuit, so running the same light Ga wire to the mirrors should be fine. Keep in mind this little green wire feeds BOTH sides.

FYI 2008 CC SE with rear def. drivers side heated mirror wire is in the small 16 pin plug 2nd plug from the bottom in the kick panel. There are 8 wires in it, the correct one is pin 13 light green w/a single silver dot aprox every 1".
Good luck

Do you know where and color for right side?

Scored both LH and RH heated mirrors off Craigslist for $20 ea. - brand new in Nissan box:mrgreen:
Just finished - THANKS MB_NISMO your write up was spot on and very helpful.
I tapped into the harness for my ground (same as OEM install)
For those that like wire diagrams see attached

Attachments

Just got the new mirror glass from the wife as an early Christmas present! Plan to install this weekend.

Well great... she ordered both heated mirrors and received two passenger pieces. So anyway, I got the wiring all squared away and the passenger side works great. Just need to return the extra passenger glass for the drivers side glass.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.