Nissan Frontier Forum banner
41 - 60 of 112 Posts
Zero Six LE said:
The top image on the parts page. For 06-07 CC.
oohhhhh, you got sucked in,,,,,GOTCHA
Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year

MB_NISMO said:
If you want it all plug and play you'd need to buy the proper door wiring harness as well.

Yeah I know, I was just unclear whether he was asking if an LE without that option would still have the same glass as an LE with it.

You crack me up man. :laugh:
yes i have an LE without the heated seat/mirror option. I looked under the hood and i have the 15 amp fuse and the relay in place already. Then i pried a mirror of and they are NOT ready to go with wiring. They do not have the terminals to attach the wires.

Zero Six LE said:
GolfTango said that he would check his wiring. I haven't seen him report his findings yet.

I took mine apart a little while ago. The main wiring for the controls are in the 26 pin harness (M49) at the top of the controller. I don't know how many cavities are vacant because I did not unplug it.
Mine doesn't have hill decent. There is only the locker switch. I've already tapped into the wire to (mod) control the tail bed light from coming on but have no idea what wire to tap for the mirrors. thanks

Wiring Question on Heated Mirrors

Did you find that M8 connector and M75 were already plugged to something? Picture on M8 is not clear, M75 shows it is already plugged to a connector. Do you know what it feeds?

Service Manual shows M8 connects to D2 for door heated mirrors on driver side. M75 to D101 on passenger side. Without heated mirrors these should be unused?

I wanted to follow your instructions, but purchase the door harness so it should just plug into M8 and M75. Haven't taken the panels off yet, but obviously you have!

Now you are ready to reinstall the mirror assembly.

Feed the two wiring harnesses into the door.
Hold the mirror assembly up to the door and tighten down the 3 10mm nuts you removed earlier.

You can now reconnect the mirror and door wiring harnesses.

Next you’ll need to remove the rubber boot on both ends and feed the 2 wires through the hole in the door as shown.

Tape the end of the 2 wires to a wire coat hanger or something similar.

Carefully push the metal rod through the boot.

After you’ve pushed the metal rod through the boot you can remove the tape.

You’ll want to hold onto the wire and pull the metal rod back through the rubber boot.

Pull all the wire through the boot and feed it into the hole in the cab.

You can now reseat the rubber boot on both ends.

Disconnect the door and main wiring harnesses.

Use needle nose piers to pull the blue wire out of the connector.
Pin 8 on the driver’s side. Pin 6 on the passenger side.

Strip the insulation and crimp on male Snap connector.

There will be excess wire from the wires you fed into the cab.

You’ll have to measure how much wire you’ll need and cut off the excess.

Cut back enough electrical tape to run the wires.

Strip the insulation off the ends and crimp on a female snap connector on the red wire.

The black wire will need a ring terminal.

I used a No. 3/8”. I know it’s meant for 12-10 AWG but I could not find one for 18 AWG that would fit my needs.

Just make sure it’s crimped on tight.

Connect Snap Connectors.

You’ll want to remove one of the 12mm bolts near the connectors to attach the ring terminal to it.

Driver’s side

Passenger side

Reinstall the floor panels you removed.

Reassemble the door..

You can now install the mirrors. There is no polarity so it does not matter where you put the wires.

After you’ve placed the mirrors you can now test them.

You will be able to feel them get warm.

If you have any questions you can either post a reply or send me a PM.

Did you find that M8 connector and M75 were already plugged to something? Picture on M8 is not clear, M75 shows it is already plugged to a connector. Do you know what it feeds?

Service Manual shows M8 connects to D2 for door heated mirrors on driver side. M75 to D101 on passenger side. Without heated mirrors these should be unused?

I wanted to follow your instructions, but purchase the door harness so it should just plug into M8 and M75. Haven't taken the panels off yet, but obviously you have!
Out of curiosity, do you have a part number for the harness? I also want to do this, but would like to spend a bit more and get the right wiring.

No, not yet. Want to learn all I can before confronting the parts guys. They try, but need all the help we can give w/o vin.

Recent update

i have a question though. i have an LE and was told by a Nissan dealer that all frontiers have the same glass. Having an LE with the option of heated mirrors, the terminal should already be there according to this parts guy. he said all i would need to do is run the wires. any insight on that?
Today I checked out the LH 96366-EA00A the local dealer ordered in for me and it does not have the terminals under the paper. Supplier must be back to making them without.

So If you want the heated glass you must order the glass from the Pathy parts breakdown. That's what my parts guy said the other number was for. List price was over $55.

i just picked both sides,,,,EA16A number. they were about $30 a piece i believe. plan on doing the install on friday

I have a NISMO KC, I will try and pull the switch area of the dash apart tonight to see if the wiring exists for the rear defrost... I would guess it does not since the CC and the KC's probably have different body harnesses...

Hey guys -

I finally got around to installing the heated mirror glass in my 06 Crew Cab SE this weekend. Thanks to this awesome post - I was able to run the needed wiring no problem.

I noticed that on the 06, the connectors are in slightly different positions under the dash, but the wire colors are all the same as specified in this how to. I couldn't get my meter in there to test the wires because of the angle at first, and when I did - I couldn't get any 12V ready from those terminals with the switch on. The relay and harness are in place - already checked that.

So, I went ahead and tapped these wires anyways, since they obviously weren't connected to anything on the other side of the connector going up into the doors, but the mirrors definitely don't heat up.

Anything change in the wiring on the 06's? I'll get out there and play around a bit with my meter on the next warm day.

Anyone have the wiring diagram handy?

This was a great post by the way! Got the doors and mirrors taken apart and reassembled in no time! :goodjob:

OK, so I figured out my problem this weekend. Apparently the Nissan PCTO (product cost take out) engineers decided to eliminate the heated mirror wire from the fuse panel in the 06 models:

Found this out by checking through the FSM and using my meter on everything.

So I ran a wire from here, through the firewall, to the mirror connectors I installed in the kick panels - it's working now!

OK, so I figured out my problem this weekend. Apparently the Nissan PCTO (product cost take out) engineers decided to eliminate the heated mirror wire from the fuse panel in the 06 models:

Found this out by checking through the FSM and using my meter on everything.

So I ran a wire from here, through the firewall, to the mirror connectors I installed in the kick panels - it's working now!
I know that the wiring is different on KC models. I have a small green wire in that space of my fuse panel. Glad you got yours working. :goodjob:

this could explain why mine isnt working! but i have an 07

well i rana wire from that same opening on the fuse panel and my heated mirrors work now!! i was really shocked to see warm they get!

I know that the wiring is different on KC models. I have a small green wire in that space of my fuse panel. Glad you got yours working. :goodjob:
0, I've got the same light green wire. Terminal 23. On the FSM it is labeled heated mirror. But it seems too small to carry the current I'd guess is needed. I can't yet trace the wire from this connector to M8 or M9 in the kick panel which would feed the left mirror. Maybe this is a signal to another relay for the power. Can't locate anything. I'm stumped for now. At least the relay is there for the mirror heat.

I've got an 08 CC 4X4 LB with sun roof and power package.

Need Pictures From Le With Heated Seat/mirror

Would someone with, preferably an 08, an LE with heated seats and mirrors take this picture and post. Need to know what wire goes in cavity 23 with the factory installed units.

Thanks in advance!!!

Didn't post the pic, but it is the one from Rowdy Canuck showing the relay panel.

Would someone with, preferably an 08, an LE with heated seats and mirrors take this picture and post. Need to know what wire goes in cavity 23 with the factory installed units.

Thanks in advance!!!

Didn't post the pic, but it is the one from Rowdy Canuck showing the relay panel.
BUMP for pic of fuse panel underhood from LE with leather heated seats, please.

41 - 60 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.