Nissan Frontier Forum banner

201 - 204 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
manufacturers tend to cheap out where they can as small savings add up on many vehicles, many parts lubes included are supplied by lowest bidder meeting a spec!

·
Read Only
90 Posts
They were readily available and free shipping on Amazon prime. Went with them for brake fluid as well. I dunno if they are everywhere - they are at all the auto retailers around here.

I used to be that person who paid through the nose for factory fluids or some supposedly super special fluid. At one point I realized I was literally flushing money down the toilet. So, I just switched to name brand fluids that meet the correct spec. I use synthetic for everything if it's made and not contraindicated.

You know what happened when I switched? Nothing. I've never heard of anything failing because of one brand of reputable fluid (assumed correct spec) over another. The important thing is you change them aggressively and the level is correct.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
I tend to agree. I use Mobil 1 in my engine and it has served me well there, so I'll probably use their gear oil as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier 2.4 liter Automatic. It was recommended by Auto Zone that I use 80w-90 in my rear differential. I was also told I needed to use almost 2 full Quarts.
When I changed it out not much came out of the rear. Looked like about a Pint. I then fill the rear differential and it only took 1 pint before it started to run out. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong here?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier 2.4 liter Automatic. It was recommended by Auto Zone that I use 80w-90 in my rear differential. I was also told I needed to use almost 2 full Quarts.
When I changed it out not much came out of the rear. Looked like about a Pint. I then fill the rear differential and it only took 1 pint before it started to run out. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong here?
Was the rear of your truck higher than the front by any chance? No offense meant, but just to make sure you did drain from the drain port and not the fill port right?

201 - 204 of 204 Posts