Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone smacked my mirror with their mirror last night. It left a plastic "smudge" on top of the clear coat. Any suggestions for getting rid of it without damaging the clear coat?

·
Registered
647 Posts
That will buff right out.

Seriously, it will. Some polishing compound, preferably with a random orbital buffer. Go easy, use a very mild abrasive polish, as the clear coat is not very thick.

If you're not sure how to do this, find someone who does, so that you don't go through the clear coat.

Vic

·
Registered
567 Posts
A good quality cleaner wax might even do the trick.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try this: Wet the area with water and liquid soap cleaner, use your fingers to rub it out, it should soften. Then get a microfiber cloth to wipe it out. Afterwards, you can buff and wax the area, it should restore its original gloss.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I usually use a good rubbing compound, or for really stubborn stuff I will use 2000-2500grit wetsanded and then rubbing compound and finish with wax.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. That stuff removed a lot of paint marks from my wife's Murano. It's pretty amazing stuff.

·
Registered
520 Posts
TEST This FIRST! Could be huge NO NO but!!! Nail Polish Remover. I bought this Accord to flip once upon a time. It had side swiped a guard rail in a parking garage, had yellow paint all down the side of it. 15 minutes with the wife's nail polish remover & it was gone. Made $1500 a week later>:D

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
might be a little late, but sonax makes a "magic eraser" for use on stuff like this. they are an automotive cleaning product maker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts