Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any write ups? I do a search and get a whole whack load of totally unrelated things. Also, will 75w90 make it more difficult to shift in -40C weather? It's all I could find even a place that sells only oil didn't have a GL4 75w85

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Try Amsoil.com for your gear oil.
To change, simply pull the drain plug and drain. Might be a good idea to make sure the fill plug comes out first. You'll find it on the side of the tranny. Fill 'till the fluid is at the bottom of the fill hole. You'll need a fluid pump to make the job easier.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
its as easy as what twobills said. pull drain plug first then fill plug. and you'll be fine with 75-90. i actually bought my fluids from dealer for tranny and rearend-expensive but still under warranty when i did it. there really is no way to do it without fill pump or your going to be making a mess.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Could not find amsoil except by the case @ 200$

Thanks for the quick reply folks. I changed my front diff, manual transmission and transfer case fluids. I purchased my fluids a while back and am not sure I have the right amount in my transfer case. I used regular ATF, 2 litres. Is this the correct amount? For some reason I think it may be too much. Can someone clarify? I'm all messed up.

Here is where the confusion arose:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/how-front-rear-differential-transfercase-fluid-change-05-gen-2-frontier-37479/

It says 1 3/4 pints transfer case oil in the intro then under his pics it says 2 1/8 which is what I did. Was this correct? I hope so. If it is, can we edit the post?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts