Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
337 Posts
You loosen the brake lines going OUT from the ABS, you just treat the flare fitting as a bleed screw. It is necessary to disconnect the power from the ABS unit before you do this. Make sure you have lots of rags around to catch the fluid.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That explains so much. Thank you for your help! I tried for the life of me to get the line disconnected at the back of the ABS but it wasn't budging. I got the line that connects to the LSV from the back of the ABS to come off so I will just bleed it there.

· Registered
60 Posts
Any other details for system bleed?

You loosen the brake lines going OUT from the ABS, you just treat the flare fitting as a bleed screw. It is necessary to disconnect the power from the ABS unit before you do this. Make sure you have lots of rags around to catch the fluid.
So there are No bleed screws on these?

Going to flush my Gen 1 (2WD/auto) system, no problems or issues but the fluid is black, and it seems like after 18 years this probably needs doing! (along w/my timing belt too)

I flush my bmw k bike every year but it's totally different on a MC, safety-wise and COST wise if the ABS unit fails.

I might use a diy-mighty-vac/ac compressor rig, when appropriate, maybe.

Thanks yall

· Registered
57 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of this? I'm trying to visualize but cannot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.