Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently looking at the articulation kit with Bilsteins and aftermarket UCAs. It’s on 4x4parts.com

I imagine the UCAs aren’t really for extra travel, mostly just for shock clearance, am I wrong?

what kit are you running for more travel and do you like it?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm not sure about the 1st gen, but on the 2nd gen aftermarket UCAs add more clearance around the coil bucket, which allows for more droop travel. If the 1st gen is similar, then you can get more articulation with new UCAs depending on the shock setup.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Read This Thread. Best All Around Info On Lifting Our Trucks I've Found In A Single Thread For Our Trucks. That dude TJTJ knows his shyt front and back

·
Registered
252 Posts

1. I’m currently looking at the articulation kit with Bilsteins and aftermarket UCAs. It’s on 4x4parts.com

I imagine the UCAs aren’t really for extra travel, mostly just for shock clearance, am I wrong?

4x4 parts good guys the uca for the first gen. Are made so when you lift you truck with t bars. You can get proper alignment after you rise it up so much. Sadly you don't get more travel you are rising your truck. Only in the travel you have. So mine is raised by about 2 1/2 in by cranking t bar. With stock uca I do have custom uca from au but not used them yet. In rear add a Leif 2 1/2 lift. I also use 3in body lift with 285/16 tires 33in hight . I'm over 7in lift then stock. Truck rides handles off road or on road great

·
Registered
247 Posts
^^^Great information, sounds like I need new aftermarket UCAs then. Alignment shop that did mine couldn't bring my geometry back to OE spec probably due to my torsion bar being cranked.

·
Registered
252 Posts
How much play do you have on bump stop. I have low profile ones on mine have my TB turned up . Mine in alignment the uca I have not installed have adjustable bump stops. They are ultra trick I'm only hoping to get 1 in more lift . If you install performance uca and yours is 4x4 like mine. You must ck cvc bind at full droop . When truck was new I bought uca from calmini. Total garage cvc bind real bad customer service. 4x4 parts good people

·
Registered
586 Posts
^^^Great information, sounds like I need new aftermarket UCAs then. Alignment shop that did mine couldn't bring my geometry back to OE spec probably due to my torsion bar being cranked.
Check These Specs Out For The "Lifted Alignment" I'm Going In Monday if Possible to get them to do this. Factory Spec Alignment does not work with lifts. Like you said the whole Geometry has changed. I just got new tires and they put my alignment smack dab in the middle of spec and my tires are at a slight V which to my understanding means i have a negative camber. Stock camber is positive. Sorry, that aint gonna work! I hate the way it handles on the road now and i'm positive its the alignment.

Heres What The Xterra Guys Have Been Doing:

Lifted Alignment:

1) Camber: 0 degrees or as close as possible
2) Caster: Maximum caster on passenger side while maintaining zero camber. Adjust driver side caster to be slightly less while maintaining zero camber.
3) Toe In: 0.33 degrees or 0.16 inches of total toe in.

Stock Alignment:

1) Camber: 0.1 degree to 1.1 degree
2) Caster: 1.67 degrees to 2.67 degrees
3) Toe In: 0.33 degrees total toe in or 0.16 inches total toe in

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is great info sounds like your truck. Almost same as mine. 3in bl. 3in susp 285 tires. Mine with stock tb stock uca 2.5 in front. Are you using low profile bump stop. What UCA are you using post pictures of your truck. I will post pictures of my UCAs and Nissan factory snorkel . One day I need install these parts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Very difficult to see adjustable bump stop. I have never seen uca this beefy. Snorkel is factory D22 but only for turbo diesel. My truck rides handles so well I'm afreid to touch it. When I run out of projects I will do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’m currently looking at the articulation kit with Bilsteins and aftermarket UCAs. It’s on 4x4parts.com

Don't know if you're still looking as this was a few weeks back...BUT:
Those UCA's do give you more travel, and you can easily add a couple things to get even more. The UCA's are meant to let you crank your t-bars up and still have some down travel. I had cranked my bars a little before installing them and had maybe 1/2" down travel for the upper arm. After install I had another inch. I did also do the ball joint spacers and low profile bumps (the other easy things you can add). Net result I was able to crank another couple inches on the bars and still had more down travel than when I started it all.

I won't claim I had the best write-up or documentation but some of my 'journey' is found on this thread:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't know if it agree on more travel but I'm m not expert. Is yours 4x4 what arms did you use. Mine cranked up 2. 1/2 in with same shocks. I know the custom uca I have changes angle to rise truck up more to align

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the AC/4x4parts.com arms. Like I said I did a couple other things which also increased the travel, but it was a significant increase overall. Mine is not 4x4, so it is easier for me to crank up, only thing I'm stressing is tie rod ends. I think I got 4" lift in the front all said and done. I intended to actually crank it back down a little, but never got around to that.

·
Registered
252 Posts
AC good company . When I got my truck new I ordered the uca from calmini mine 4x4
After installing I checked full droop the front CV joints where binding. Calmini real bad customer service would not help me. Had to stop credit card payment. So now I have the uca from au one day will install and do write up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts