Nissan Frontier Forum banner

How much Clearance do you have in the front?

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  t2stone 
#1 ·
I used the search function and didn't find a thread that answered my question so here I am. Right now I'm running 265/75R16, but I'm curious on what other Frontier owners have done to increase their clearance in the front. Right now I have 9.5" or there abouts. I know most will say lift and run larger tires, but there is a Frontier I've seen around town with the same size tires but it appears he has more clearance than I do.

Thoughts??

Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
lol....is that a trick question?

coil spacer lifts = increased ground clearance
bracket lifts = no increase in ground clearance, sometimes actually a decrease
coil over/adjustable lift strut lifts = increased ground clearance
larger diameter tires = increased ground clearance
body lift = no change to ground clearance

#7 ·
this thread got me wondering....

i went outside and measured at the same spot under the center of the front skid plate like your picture. My clearance there is 12.75". I have 3" coil spacers and 285/75/16 tires.

#8 ·
12.75" isn't bad, not bad at all. Previously you asked if this was a trick question, well no. I thought that a 2" spacer would just raise the truck and not affect the clearance in the front.

Glad I asked. Thank you...

#9 ·
im also at 12.5-13 in the front but going from a tire thats 30.6 tall to 33" tall I gained 1.2" just on that.Chances are to the bottom edge of your front fender lip (center) your around 34-34 3/4" and im between 39-39 1/2 so your only gonna gain so much without some sorta lift.The spacer is going to make it so you can run larger tires=more ground clearance

#10 · (Edited)
I I know most will say lift and run larger tires, but there is a Frontier I've seen around town with the same size tires but it appears he has more clearance than I do.

Thoughts??

Thanks.
What color is it? (the one you see around town and where at?)

I'll measure mine tonight and try to get it posted up. I have just a spacer, but it did lift me up a good amount. I still run the stockers, so this will be interesting.

#12 ·
I had to move to Wyoming, due to the economy, so the Frontier I see all the time is in Rock Springs. But I do come to Littleton quite often to check up on my house.

But yeah, I'm curious how much you have with your stock tires.

#11 ·
ive got 12.5 w/ 2.5 spacer and 285/75/16.

The different kinds of lifts all make the roof of your truck higher but do it differently

DB, no added ground clearance @ the crossmember, but the truck's frame and everything else is lifted

spacers/coils, added clearance of frame and everything attached to it

Body lift, bady up from the frame, may allow to move bumpers wich improves aproach angles, rocker panel damage ect

larger tires lift axels/controll arms further from the ground

#13 ·
Upgrading to a better(Shrock) rad. skid will give some REAL protection up front; a good investment in the long run.

#14 ·
lol...u noticed his banged up skid plate too huh? ;)

I hammer my back into shape every couple months!

#16 ·
Hey-

11 to 11.25 in the front. That is with stock tires and a 2.5'' spacer. My skid is destroyed I noticed and missing the 2 bolts towards the rear lol. I have another free oil change at the dealer, so I'll make them put on 2 bolts at my next oil change.

#18 ·
How high R U?

16.5" here pavement to C-bar (first gen) I have to un-crank my T-bar's or order some .5 BJ spacer's though so we might be like @16" next week:sad:

T.C.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.