Votes: 18 2.4%
  • I already have a motorcycle

Votes: 366 48.3%

• Total voters
301 - 320 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've been riding for 52 years and I Currently have 2 Harleys. A 2000 Fatboy and a 2004 Sporster....Both are For Sale...since I'm going to be 68 and my back is getting worse.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Mottircyes were my first love.
Started building custom Harney’s in High School.
Had a little Honda cafe racer to get around with.
Owned ;and built 45 trike, two wheeler,
Panhead,shovel head, Sportster.
“A”gas drag bike, 112 cubic inch .
Never finished, pretty much non compeitive.
Went to Hondas.
This was backing the early 70’s.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yes, I vote YES. I have been riding for a long time and I ride in the winter if the weather is sunny and dry. I have 2012 CBR1000RR and this is my 5th bike. I cannot have enough of it. I ride short, Long distances. I am pushing up in age and even though my mind, reflexes, and ambitions are sharp but my body protests. I have had my share of cager crossing but you have to ride with full focus. Since the invention of those darn cell phones and automatic transmissions, people drive like zombies. I wear full gear and a helmet. These are a must. I was at a fundraiser ride in Kansas many years ago and one of the organizers equated riding without a helmet to freedom. I have not figured that one out. My job is managing projects and it requires a lot of time on the phone, fixing budget schedules issues etc and when I am done by 4 or 5 PM, I am mentally exhausted. when I throw my leg on my bike and accelerate all worries blow away. That is the best I can relay it. Money-saving is also a plus.
For those who want a bike, there are a ton of options out there. Whichever you choose, take the MSF course even though you think you know how to ride. Second, go to your local motorcycle track days and try to spend a day on the track. You will learn how to ride a bike correctly. I want to get another one since this one requires respect all the time, but my home-minister objects already having two other vehicles. Here is my current ride.
Shortysboy09.Nice bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mottircyes were my first love.
Started building custom Harney’s in High School.
Had a little Honda cafe racer to get around with.
Owned ;and built 45 trike, two wheeler,
Panhead,shovel head, Sportster.
“A”gas drag bike, 112 cubic inch .
Never finished, pretty much non compeitive.
Went to Hondas.
This was backing the early 70’s.
What's funny is that my birthday is in December and when I turned 16 (in 1967) I took my my Drivers Test for my Motorcycle on my Honda in the SNOW. I passed and rode to school and all over that winter on my bike...no cars. Winters in Upstate New york were not always fun...lol !

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have a big old touring bike....A few years back I did the "Circle Tour" I rode solo around the entire lake of Lake Superior... 1300 miles , I camped out at various points , cheap motel one night....Just me and my bike it was awesome.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I fuggin love motorcycles!

But each & every one of ‘em hate me. Or we’re allergic to each other. They fall over on me.

To this very day, I will stay at least 4’ away from them as I don’t want them to hurt me or damage themselves trying. And I don’t want my a$$ stomped by their owners when their unruly machines attack me.

But custom bikes are just as beautiful as low riders in my eyes.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I own 3.5 . . .I have too many expensive hobbies.

·
Rogue Admin
13,046 Posts
I spend more time and money on my bike than my truck or car. I've been on bikes all my life and the addiction to wind therapy is real. I put 25k per year on my Harley, I just rebuilt my lower end.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I was the same way.. a bike was my second street machine back in 76. Just here recently I have done away with them.

I love the Road Glides.. the fairing reminds me of the old 60s Caddilac.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Covington-Porterdale-20120422-00003.jpg

First motorized transportation was a 1976 Kawasaki KE 100....Ive had every brand size and configuration since. This is a 2008 ST1300 I bought new and heavily discounted in 2011....The wife gave up the back seat though so she is for sale...

I'll make someone a DEAL! (Looking for a Blackbird to replace her)

·
Registered
191 Posts
2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 ans a old Daytona 500 - ride 'em both but don't stray to far with the '72 -ha
1576454830286.jpeg
t100.JPG

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
every time I get on that machine I almost laugh out loud, how the heck did we ride these back in the day - somehow.. must have been more solid/rigid when almost new..maybe not.!.anyway you have excellent taste - (remember they say a real bike is one you can see through...)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
every time I get on that machine I almost laugh out loud, how the heck did we ride these back in the day - somehow.. must have been more solid/rigid when almost new..maybe not.!.anyway you have excellent taste - (remember they say a real bike is one you can see through...) View attachment 311496
I never heard that one but it’s true! At least you know what you got at first glance..

The old bikes are cool!
My old 75 Z1R was a blast!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Nice bikes!!

I have a 72 Daytona as well. . . sitting in my living room in need of . . .well everything. Then an 06 Thruxton that I've heavily modified. Then a few others.
Someone’s not married...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Someone’s not married...:rolleyes:
Hah, not married but might as well be. Luckily she enjoys riding with me.

every time I get on that machine I almost laugh out loud, how the heck did we ride these back in the day - somehow.. must have been more solid/rigid when almost new..maybe not.!.anyway you have excellent taste - (remember they say a real bike is one you can see through...) View attachment 311496
Hah, well I made my 06 Thruxton see through. These were taken before some more recent farkles and upgrades

301 - 320 of 332 Posts