281 - 300 of 332 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I have 3

2006 suzuki hayabusa limited edition white/gray
2005 suzuki hayabusa red/black
2007 suzuki hayabusa electric blue/black

they all three have been on magazine covers and on websites!!!

WWW.SPEEDANGELS.NET (WEBSITE TO SEE THEM)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd been bike-only (plus occasional access to SO's car when necessary) since 1999 until buying my Frontier less than a month ago. I'd been looking at getting a truck for the past 4+ years due to having a bike (well, bikes - I think 10 or so in the past 14 years, and around 20 total dating back to the mid-80's) cuz, well, riders need a truck, amiright? ::grin::

I'm back down to only one bike now, having recently sold my long-time dream bike, a 2000 Aprilia Falco that my bad back wouldn't let me ride anymore. Current moto is a 2010 KTM 990 SM. The thing is just ridiculous fun, one of the best bikes I've ever owned (don't let the ZRX guys read that...:surprise: ).

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm a brand new rider, just picked this up last winter. It's an '07 600RR. I put about 1200 miles on it this summer, but it's been put away for the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I voted 'already have' although I am actually without a bike at the moment. I had a 1980's Suzuki GS and sold it to fund a 2001 Triumph Sprint. I have missed the Suzuki ever since and am back on the market looking for one - 1981 Suzuki GS850GL

Well it didn't take too long - I picked this one up on October :) The picture sucks but the bike rules. 1982 Suzuki GS1100g.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the bike before I had the Navara, mines a Suzuki V-strom 650 that's been turned into a streetfighter. I've had it for around 8yrs and have around 68000kms.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Already have one. Bought it when I felt the gas prices were going up back in 2003. I remember the gas was like $1.49 in CA back then. LOL!

Same here. Bought one in 06 cuz gas prices at that time here in Cali was 4.75

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already have one but I'm trying to sell it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
520 Posts
'07 Fz6 is my current steed, some pics of the previous; '84 cb700sc, '00 V-Star 1100, '06 Klx250s, '85 XL350r.

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
I love motorcycles as long as I can remember. Growing up my Dad was dead against me riding one. When I got my first job, I bought an old Yamaha DT-250. Rebuilt it completely and rode it a lot. that was 1986. Then I bought one in 2001 Kawasaki 500R. Fun bike to ride but was not quick enough and my hands would go numb due to vibration; traded in for 2001 Suzuki Katana 750. Rode it for a couple of years then got my first 2004 HONDA CBR1000RR. That was a fun bike; put 33k miles on it and traded it in 2013 for a 2012 CBR1000RR. In between, I bought Honda Magna 750 and a Honda Blackbird. Blackbird actually scared me a couple of times. It was the fastest production bike back in 1998.

I ride to work as much as I can, weather permitting. When I lived in Topeka, my job was in Kansas City downtown, a 140 miles roundtrip. I rode as much as I could. Kansas City traffic is as crazy and I had many close calls. I did track days for a few years, the best way to learn how to ride. I took the MSF course. The most important thing I learned is to Ride Within My Limits. My bike is very quick, It gets up in triple digits very very quickly so I learned to restrain myself. Not because of fear of crashing, but cops and/or medical bills afterward. I tell myself, I am not a racer and I ride bikes for enjoyment as it takes away all my stress.The other important thing I learned is to ride with proper gear. No matter how hot it is, I ride with gear. All kinds of gear are available to coop with heat exhaustion or cold weather. A helmet, leather jacket, leather pants, and other protective gear is a must for me, regardless of how long or short, my ride is. Here is a recent picture from September of 2018 at a hotel in Eureka Springs AR.

As far as other drivers out there, I make sure they notice me. I dont ride with headphones on or radio blasting. I ride with full concentration. I watch my rearview, my sides and front all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I grew up on Motorcycles. Stopped riding when my first kid was born. Now three kids grown and gone so picked up a Yamaha Vstar cruiser a little while back. People pay more attention to their phones than the road so you got to be careful.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A motorycyle if you could afford one?
I'd have 100 if I could afford it, I wouldn't even need storage, I'd want it but tarps work too. I'll never be without one again. Currently I have 1, and that will be it for a while unless I get a project. I do work on my brother's and may steal one from him, just don't have time and money. But I've got a Voctory Cross Country Tour that suits all of my needs short of offroad.

I know i would...YES
One of the best adult decisions I've ever made, strengthened my marriage too, on our one anniversary trip we ended up riding into a hurricane, she still finished the trip and many more.

Please back up your vote? What is your reason?
I ride for fun, I ride for sanity and I commute to work. I've also formed life long friendships with people all over through the club I joined. Riding ended up being a big part of my life I had been searching for.

I just don't have the money to spend on a bike i want...and insurance would be too high for my age.
Money is money but I traded a rifle for my first bike, a beat up dual sport I rode for a season until I wanted more and sold it for much more than I had put into it. My insurance on that bike was $75 yearly. My current insurance is $800 yearly but that is replacement on a big touring bike, gear and trailer (towed behind the bike).

All in all it is what you can afford to set aside for the bike you feel you want. Sit on a lot, take a riding course or several and enjoy the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used to own a 'Hodaka 125 super rat's when I was 15/16. Loved that bike. I would have a 250cc bike but not sure which one yet, I like yamaha.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I rode a DR200 on a 100-mile-a-day commute (at freeway speeds, nonetheless) for four years. The bike tops out at 65 on flat land, and I had to ride over two small mountain passes. I previously did the same commute by car for four years leading up to that.

Riding the bike turned my commute from 1 1/2 hours of listening to talk radio and being slightly bored to an adventure every single ride. You don't realize how much you're missing out on when you're riding in a cage. The smells, the wind, the air temperature changes, the feeling of freedom because you can go nearly anywhere wide enough to fit the bars through.

I went on a lot of weekend rides all over the greater Los Angeles area. They say that when you ride a motorcycle, you become a member of the largest co-ed fraternity in the world. I'm not a super sociable person, and yet I've met some of the friendliest and amazing people while out on two wheels. People from all walks of life...old guys riding Harleys to young guys on street bikes will all be hanging out at the same table.

With only 12hp on tap, I rode like no one can see me and everyone was out to turn me into a hood ornament. Always wore a leather or textile jacket, with all optional pads and guards, over an ICON vest, leather or textile overpants with knee pads, leather race gloves, and dual-sport boots. Also wore a helmet that cost 1/3 of what the bike did. Fortunately I never had to test any of it, but I was nearly hit six times, five of which were SMIDSYs. Four of those five were really apologetic, waved, and/or mouthed "I'm sorry!" when I passed them.

Sold the DR200 and bought a DR650. I figured that if the 200 was awesome, the 650 must be at least 3.25x as awesome, right? I rode that bike 500 miles then sold it. Haven't ridden since. I loved to ride, but the thing that got me was the maintenance, especially when you ride 20,000+ miles a year. I also decided that I want to travel more and didn't enjoy the prospect of doing that on a bike, or in my 20-year-old truck.

I sold the bike and my truck, and put that money toward buying a Frontier. After 4 years on a bike, the Frontier is like a limousine. Also don't have to work on it every weekend like with my old truck and the bikes. Did a road trip up to Seattle last December and am looking forward to more adventures. I kept all my gear though because I want to buy another bike in a few years, after I've had some fun driving and flying around the country.

281 - 300 of 332 Posts