Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about the longevity of these trucks? Please post the year you have, powertrain, mileage, and if you have had any major problems?

I have an 09 Frontier LE V6 auto with only 53k on the clock. Hoping to keep this truck for a long time, but curious as to what others have on the clock.

·
Registered
665 Posts
2010 SE CC 4x4 157,000 miles. No power train issues. Hoping to get 250,000 with regular maintenance.

Did the radiator transmission fluid by pass 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
This question comes up fairly often, do a search and you'll find some posts. With that said......
2005 4X2 NISMO CC auto. 272,000 miles with no major repairs. Just last sunday was the 1st day she'd ever failed to start for me, one new starter later and she's purring like a kitten again.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
06 SE CC 4.0 Auto, 217k+. I've replaced the cam censors, crank censor x2, did the radiator bypass, rebuilt front suspension last spring after a ball joint faled while I was towing our 30' camper. Currently I have a timing Advance problem on bank 1, which is cutting my mpg and power. I also have about 2 lbs oil pressure at idle and a random multi cylinder misfire no one can figure out! I'm about to put in a low mileage engine.
Every vehicle can have problems when mileage gets up there. The real question for you is, do you like the truck enough to take the possible bad with the definite good?

PS
It still pulls my 4400 lb. camper pretty well.

·
Registered
369 Posts
275,000 KM. SMOD 2 years ago (40000 KMs) so I assume my tranny will eventually fail earlier than normal because of that. Oil pan rotted out, and had to replace inner bearings on rear diff.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
'05 w/ 140,000 miles

'05 4x4 (146,000), New tranny and radiator just before i bought it. Also getting an exhaust leak but that's normal wear and tear stuff. These are great trucks!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts