Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume there is some sort of break in oil from the factory? How many miles before it should be changed? i will be running full synthetic for the life of the truck or something better comes along :itsfriday:

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
nope, no "brake in" oil. you can make the change at your first due if you want.

·
Registered
470 Posts
As far as going synthetic, I was told to wait till 10,000 before going Syn by many Nissan Tech's. They say the valves are not fully seated and Syn being so fine, it might leak by.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I did my 1st change at about 1,000 miles
New filter & regular oil
Chances are with manufacturing as good as it is today it was a waste, but I felt better doing it instead of waiting till 3,000 to 3,500 miles

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
As far as going synthetic, I was told to wait till 10,000 before going Syn by many Nissan Tech's. They say the valves are not fully seated and Syn being so fine, it might leak by.
complete and udder BS. if that was the case then NO car would come from the factory with synthetic oil. ALL of BMW's line comes with syn i believe as well as MB, and even the little ol chevy corvett comes with syn from the factory and have NEVER seen a drop of dino oil prior to being shipped to the dealers.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Went to Mobil 1 at 750 miles. Hoping it would quiet the motor, it didn't, but syn is the way to go IMO.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
service rep told me the first comes at 3700 miles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Doing my first oil change today @ 3750 as per the manual (well, more like 3790)...

i have read about the gorilla installing the filters @ the factory, and thinking i should have taken up the dealer on my free oil changes for life. dont feel like driving 45 mins/each way for an oil change though

·
Registered
584 Posts
Went to Mobil 1 at 750 miles. Hoping it would quiet the motor, it didn't, but syn is the way to go IMO.
Mobil is notorious for making engines noisier. It protects well though. I switched to synthetic at 600 miles, and change it every 6000. I use whatever brand synthetic is on sale when I need a change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts