Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading the clearance's for some vehicles and from what I can see ours shows like 8.5-8.9", yet I look at other vehicles like my friends dads f-250 fx4 and it only shows 8.5 or so , no way we have higher clearances so what's going on here?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
It us wring on the F250 or that is a low rider

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get that, but it just seems low, as mentioned my friends father has both an f150 and f250 2017's fx4's and the stats i'm reading state they aren't really that high in terms of clearance yet when we look at them side by side it seems much higher.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thought it was more like 9.7" clearance in the Frontier.
Select Subaru models have 8.7" clearance and they are more of a car

·
Registered
16 Posts
You need to remember full size pickup rear differentials, especially 3/4 and 1 tons, are way bigger than the ones on any Frontier or other mid sized truck. And since nearly all don't come with tires much bigger than 33" the diff clearances will be worse than a Frontier or Taco with 32's.
The stock step in height is generally always higher in a full size, but even though that's higher, the sheer size of a full size will sometimes be similar or often have even worse breakover, approach and departure angles.
All depends on model packages from the factory. Obviously a Ford Raptor or Dodge PowerWagon is going to be higher than a base model 4wd 1/2 ton.

Lots of things to consider. My cousin has a full size Ford 1/2 ton and though it's higher, taking it down through dips and up banks (not to mention tight winding trails) can be interesting to say the least. ::grin::

·
Registered
791 Posts
Don't pay attention to fender height, hood height, or seating position. Newer nonlifted 250s still look down on me, but you need to factor in belly pan items. They have many things that hang below the truck. There's always someone on here that posts a pic parked next to a Tacoma and complains their Frontier isn't as high. Well, there's only like .10" of a difference in ground clearance between the 2, it's just that the Taco has high fender arches. Fender arches ≠ ground clearance.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts