Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my '03 crew briefly. I know there's at least a leak in the power steering and try to keep things topped off, but I'm wondering how well it's working in general. I would expect the steering to be a bit heavy and "truck-like" but what's "normal" ?

It's fairly heavy compared to the '89 F150 and '04 Hyundai Elantra I'm more used to driving. Not sure how to quantify.

-Jeff

·
Registered
938 Posts
not sure how to describe how heavy exactly. it's like any other newer vehicle, firm but power assisted. it's not super light where you can steer with your pinkie like older cars

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
the only way i can describe it is "not heavy" and "not light". it takes just as much force to turn my bmw's wheel as it does my truck.

if you have a leak, it may be causing tehe system to loose pressure and cause a problem like you describe.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The two vehicles you are comparing it to are oranges to your apple. Generally older fullsize trucks were a bit overboosted (my 69 K5 Blazer is a fine example) and newer cars with rack and pinion steering (especially lighter ones like a Hyundai) are going to feel "lighter" in feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.