Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ask because I was passing somebody and it seems like I topped out at 80.

I have an 06 SV crew cab 4 liter V6 automatic with 285/75/16 tires (stock gearing) and 209000 miles.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've caught myself going 95 with plenty of throttle left without even realizing it and had to back down.

Don't even want to try and see where it'd top out.

I'm playing with the idea of 4.10 gear swap because I think I'd rather have torque than speed. Just not
sure I want to hurt my mileage

2016 KC 4L V6 2WD

BTW Welcome to the club. : )

·
Registered
808 Posts
2013 sv cclb.. it will go a lot faster than what you stated

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
2015 Desert Runner Crew Cab here. I can confirm my rig has been north of 110 MPH with throttle left over (rolling smooth too).. Not saying i did that because in this jurisdiction you can be arrested for criminal speed.. Just "badge" them if you get pulled over.... Some say "I don't need no stinking guns or badges"... It may help out J/K... Or maybe not, in this "day and age"... I'm probably a little than older than most on this site.... I better say it was on a dyno and not on the road... YMMV.. LoL !! Don't Hate...

·
Registered
294 Posts
On a closed course.. Don't want to promote speeding!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. As I suspected, I was short on the top end. I've had the truck for 4 yrs now. I only get 15 mpg. I'm having a problem with a multi cylinder misfire that I need to fix. I already changed plugs and no change. Unfortunately from what I've read, not even the dealer will be able to fix it without throwing parts at it. Someone else here has gone to the dealer and was told to try replacing the coils. I believe they wanted $1100 parts and labor. I know I can get aftermarket coils for about $150 a aet, but is it worth it?
It would be great if anyone had an answer.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for the replies. As I suspected, I was short on the top end. I've had the truck for 4 yrs now. I only get 15 mpg. I'm having a problem with a multi cylinder misfire that I need to fix. I already changed plugs and no change. Unfortunately from what I've read, not even the dealer will be able to fix it without throwing parts at it. Someone else here has gone to the dealer and was told to try replacing the coils. I believe they wanted $1100 parts and labor. I know I can get aftermarket coils for about $150 a aet, but is it worth it?
It would be great if anyone had an answer.
My rig barely gets 15 MPH... LoL.. Not that I drive it hard.... I don't.... Just thought it was because it was an older engine and design... But it has plenty of power and torque..

·
Registered
294 Posts
At this point I'm not worrying if my rig will go fast I'm just worrying if the FAA will let me board my flight with a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 replacement... LoL!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At this point I'm not worrying if my rig will go fast I'm just worrying if the FAA will let me board my flight with a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 replacement... LoL!!
Going fast isn't a concern of mine either. I just noticed that it topped out at about 80 and thought that was low.
Now the FAA thing, I'm afraid your on your own or buy a track phone!
Either way good luck with that.

Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
374 Posts
It's really hard to tell where a performance problem is coming from.
The computer controls so many functions.

You know you need plenty of air going both in and out, so air breather
and exhaust restrictions should be checked.

You need fuel, so fuel pressure and flow need to be right.

You need proper combustion so a compression test might be in order.

And, of course you need a spark to gt it all going... check your plugs
for condition and gap.

These are some things you can do without "throwing parts at it". Go from
there.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have gone 112 in a road in mexico somewhere with nobody around for miles. truck stopped accelerating after.

Guy at the dealership asked me once how fast i had gone and a laughed and told him. Don't think he knows i was serious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've only had my 2013 sv 4x4 for a couple of weeks but I can attest to it going over 90 and I was not flat out , of course I was on "private" roads ....

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
110mph. Our trucks are governed to not go any faster.

With 285/75 you need to check with a GPS, your speedo will be off quite a bit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts