Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The results list the all of the threads that include the search term, but most of them are entirely unrelated topics and have multiple pages. Is there a way to drill down to the actual page the search term appears on once the search results are shown? Having to read through a bunch of threads is the same as not using the search feature at all. It just makes the number of haystacks smaller.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I used the search box on the right side of the screen. I will use a few words that are relevant. This will bring up a bunch of thread. I skim the titles and see if any might have info. If the thread has alot of pages I will open the thread then I will click the "search this thread" that appears on the top of the screen. Again type in a few words and see what comes up.

·
Registered
338 Posts
another way is to just google it! Open up google.com then type "xxxxxxxxx site:www.clubfrontier.org" Obviously the x's are what you are searching for.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,358 Posts
The right side search is terrible...

Use the custom google search box in the upper left;)
When you click on the magnifying glass, then click Advanced Search - works well.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
I'm pretty good at 'advanced searching'...but can't find this magnifying glass you speak of...?

·
Admin
3,285 Posts
No magnifying glass here either. I tried a few things but still didn't see it.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,358 Posts
If you use Forefox, you will get a magnifying glass for a search. If you use Chrome, then choose VB Bulletin for your search, go to Advanced. I don't know IE or what it looks like on a phone.

Attachments

·
Admin
3,285 Posts
^ Thanks.

I just noticed that in Chrome it dynamically switches to a magnifying glass if the screen width is shrunken beyond a certain size. Never noticed that before, interesting.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts