Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some things I want to do to my truck and I'll need to save up to do them myself, so don't be suprised that they're not anything super crazy - I'm only 17. ;)
This is the order of the things I'd like to do - please give any suggestions on what you think, good or bad.

I already have:
SilverStar ULTRA Headlight Bulbs
K&N replacement highflow air filter
Flowmaster 40 DeltaFlow Exhaust
Replaced stock speakers with better ones,
Installed 12" Kicker sub and amp (for sub and speakers),
Chrome Tailgate Handle

My Plan (in order):
NISMO License Plate
12" Black Stubby Antenna
NISMO Cold Air Intake
Black Mesh Grille
Paint Brake Calipers Blue (they're already blue, but are faded/chipping)
NISMO Upper Windshield Sticker or a small NISMO sticker above the driver-side headlight - Need comments/feelings about this one please! :D
ClubFrontier.org Rear Window Sticker
New Head Unit
Upgrade Subwoofer and Amplifier (Rockford P3)

Other: HID Foglight bulbs, replace stock lights (interior lights & license plate lights) with white LED ones.
And I'll probably do much more in the far future, but these things are just for the near future.

So, any suggestions or comments on my future plans would be helpful :D
All of this will probably happen throughout the summer, and most likely I'd get the head unit/upgraded sub around xmas time.

My truck:

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
no on the window banner the rest go for it, for the dome lights V-leds.com is a great place to get them

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no on the window banner
any particular reason? I knew people might not like it but just wondering why,
the reason I'd want it is to make my truck more noticable and and give it more of an intimidating look (along with the black mesh grille) and by this I mean people would look and be like "wow, what else does that truck have done to it?"
idk lol

Trade me trucks!!!
hahah whys that?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
the big nismo banner just a little over the top to me, doing a small decal over the drivers side light would be better IMO

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the big nismo banner just a little over the top to me, doing a small decal over the drivers side light would be better IMO
ooo good idea,
once I get/make my black mesh grille I'll take some pictures and use my photoshop magic to see which NISMO sticker location I'll like better

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
over the light is old school Nissan lot of their race cars had Nismo there, as do a lot of drift cars, my buddys 240sx nice weather car has it there (has a bunch of nismo parts in it too)

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
don't wast your money on stereo stuff. I know kids like to do that but there are better things you could spend your money on.

·
Registered
431 Posts
sounds like a great truck im 18 and know all about not havin money and if u wanna save sum get sumthing other than the nismo cai i hav 1 on my 08 and it works great and sounds great but it cost me $300 & another $100 for install so i cld keep my warranty so unless warranty theres other stuff out there just as good and way cheaper than $400

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
over the light is old school Nissan lot of their race cars had Nismo there, as do a lot of drift cars, my buddys 240sx nice weather car has it there (has a bunch of nismo parts in it too)
okay cool sounds good man I'll look into it

loose the chrome tailgate handle stick-on cover its tacky
I love it tbh, it's not noticable that it's not an OEM part and it makes the back look better imo.. but don't worry it's the only chrome I'm adding.

I would do a closed box intake system Like Volant.
Yeah, I've gone back and forth between the two, but me being a kid I like the look of the open box NISMO one.. idk tho :(

nothing across the windshield either another "Tacky"
Yeah, I'm thinking against it now, unless, once I get the mesh grill installed, more people are for it.

don't wast your money on stereo stuff. I know kids like to do that but there are better things you could spend your money on.
My amps and sub woofer were free from my brother and are pretty good, and the installation I did with my brother and turned out perfect, and the door speakers were installed before I got my license by my dad, but I understand what you mean, it can be insanely expensive if you have to pay for everything. But with all the stuff that I've got done with the stereo system for free, I wouldn't mind paying for a (much) better amp/sub woofer provided that it's not too expensive.

sounds like a great truck im 18 and know all about not havin money and if u wanna save sum get sumthing other than the nismo cai i hav 1 on my 08 and it works great and sounds great but it cost me $300 & another $100 for install so i cld keep my warranty so unless warranty theres other stuff out there just as good and way cheaper than $400
My dad and brother are big car guys so they encourage me doing stuff like a CAI, we'd just install it ourselves. Found a NISMO CAI with the shipping price for like $244 the other day.

But thanks for all the comments,
I know it might be a lot but some kids like saving up for video games and other crap but I like saving up for car mods (whether they're small or big) to make it my own.. and I'm just getting started.
I work for my money with my job and because I have my own graphic & web design site that has actually been pretty successful for me (been doing graphic design since I was 11).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts