Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The little button/dial was broken when I bought the car. Can't imagine how that happen lol...is there anyway to fix this..what does the button do besides the trip odometer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a clear pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts
Also does dash light brightness...

Besides taking the dash apart to replace. I'd find a piece of plastic rod of similar OD and then a piece of tubing that is a snug fit on the new rod, glue the tubing on the new rod and let set. Then gently push the tubing over your broken rod. Depending on how snug you should be able to push to reset and turn to dim your dash lights. Might even try gluing the tubing over the broken nub.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bet someone was cleaning the dash and snapped it right off. I like teecro's tubing idea - maybe just a short piece of silicone tubing pressed over the end would do it. if not, you could try to press a thumbtack into the end of it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Heat shrink tubing. Take a piece of metal the size of the piece of plastic, put heat shrink that is the right size at one end and slip it down over the piece of plastic and then take a soldering iron and just heat the piece of metal. Should transfer the heat gently throughout the heat shrink without melting anything and make you a nice tight connector. With that said...it could melt a bunch of stuff too. That's what popped into my head though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts