Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at replacing the front bumper cover on my 2010 Pro4X. Just basic road rash and a couple of gauges on one side that would probably cost more in body work fees than to replace it. I was just going to get a new one and have it painted, then install it myself.

I have found the aftermarket replacements for under $150 shipped and the oem parts are double that plus shipping.. like $450 vs $150. Is the quality difference really that great in a part like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Looks good, I like the grill and light bar a lot

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
374 Posts
I am looking at replacing the front bumper cover on my 2010 Pro4X. Just basic road rash and a couple of gauges on one side that would probably cost more in body work fees than to replace it. I was just going to get a new one and have it painted, then install it myself.

I have found the aftermarket replacements for under $150 shipped and the oem parts are double that plus shipping.. like $450 vs $150. Is the quality difference really that great in a part like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It really depends on what you are going to buy as an aftermarket. If you are going to buy some cheap a$$ off brand bumper, then you should probably expect the bumper to be cheap a$$ quality. Just to give my 2 cents worth, I like the quality of the OEM bumpers, both back and front. With that being said, I would go to a junk yard/ salvage yard and see if you can find a Nissan Frontier bumper in there. If not, see if your local collision center has something they could give you.

I hope that this advice helps you and good luck with your decision. ::wink::

·
Registered
124 Posts
Buy yourself a Shrockworks bumper or something comparable and get rid of the sissy bull bar. lol. jk

·
Registered
124 Posts
On a serious note, after my initial (cheeky) reply, I agree with shizzy. There are plenty of good aftermarket options out there, but if you want something as close to OEM as possible, just spend the money on OEM. I've bought TONS of aftermarket parts and accessories over the years that are supposed to be OEM quality and they rarely are or there are serious fitment issues. The most common of the issues I've found is fitment issues. I couldn't tell you how many times I've rigged aftermarket stuff to fit something and when I finally got done I thought, "why didn't I just spend the extra money on the OEM part?".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts