Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was at the lake and was just messing around. slow flexes and really not to much. i get home and notice this........ is it bad? can i still drive it safely?

Attachments

·
Registered
854 Posts
looks like old damage, is that rust?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks ok to me. get some c clamps and squeeze them back together.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a lot of dirt.. but the springs have some rust. so they won't come apart or anything right?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i think the problem is that on the side that you can't see. you thinks its resting perfectly on top. but it is actually underneath the top leaf. its seperating the top leaf from the bottom two. pleas help

·
Registered
293 Posts
You can take it to a spring shop and have them split the pack to remove it, or you can do it yourself. then from the spring shop you can get heavy duty clamps (basically square bent flat iron) that has a bolt that holds the top together rather than just being bent over. It will definately stop your leafs from floating when flexing.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
jack it up by the frame, so the weight of the axle, tire, and wheel will separate the the leaves a little. Pry it out and let the truck down, beat every thing back into place

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where on the frame? i put it on the axle but it was still tight

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
you need to jack it up so the axles droops.. so jack by the axles and put jack stands under the frame and drop it, or put the jack under the frame..
bingo

·
Registered
115 Posts
I only have one left on my passenger side. Driver side binders are gone. Its nice to have the binders but they're not a huge deal. Your spring packs wont fly apart or anything, the u-bolts are what really keeps things together.

·
Registered
115 Posts
jack it up by the frame, so the weight of the axle, tire, and wheel will separate the the leaves a little. Pry it out and let the truck down, beat every thing back into place
Get friendly with a hammer and an old screwdriver or punch. Little bit of WD40 or PB Blaster would help things slide back into place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts