Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I’m glad you started this thread because I’m on my 2nd frontier and I really want to lift the front 2” but now I’m wondering. I may have to go lower.. I really want to be able to align it properly with brand new BFG KO’s. I still have new camber bolts for it if needed, but lm really worried about them being rusted in there like my other frontier. Would a 1.5” lift be a doable alignment without camber bolts?

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
I went 1.5" w/ adjustable Bilsteins up front. Installed camber bolts simply because (comparatively) the price of new tires is daunting enough.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I’m glad you started this thread because I’m on my 2nd frontier and I really want to lift the front 2” but now I’m wondering. I may have to go lower.. I really want to be able to align it properly with brand new BFG KO’s. I still have new camber bolts for it if needed, but lm really worried about them being rusted in there like my other frontier. Would a 1.5” lift be a doable alignment without camber bolts?
Without adjustable camber bolts, the only thing the alignment shop will be able to adjust is toe. You need the bolts or Ideally, some brand of aftermarket upper control arms that allow even more adjustment.

My initial lift was a 2.5" spacer with OEM upper control arms and camber bolts and I still had way too much positive camber and the truck cornered like junk.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Ok thanks guys, I got it.. and I have the bolts. My truck is a 2012 pretty clean but that doesn’t mean anything when it comes to the LCA bolts, I just hope they come out ok.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this exact issue after installing a 3" TRUXXX lift kit on my 2016 PRO-4X (heavy coil bucket contact after hitting anything more substantial than a pile of wet leaves). Added SPC adjustable UCA's which completely cured the problem, but I had to modify the buckets (bend the outer lip down) to avoid contact with the rubber boots on the SPC's. All good now.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts