2005 Nissan frontier
-Nismo model
-Extended cab
-Auto
-4.0 v6

-5" Calmini Suspension lift
-17" Procomp wheels
-LT295/70R17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10

I just recently got it all done. I had a alignment done and thats perfect. Had the wheels balanced twice. This time its perfect guy said.

Tires are overkill for our trucks what im reading on other threads. It's a 10-ply, E load tire. I have 42 psi up front, & 40 psi in the rear.

Some roads the ride don't seem to bad. But others in the city its horrible. I'ts a real fast bounce up & down. Like shakes the whole truck. Feels like a bad bad wheel balance or flat tire lol. I don't know what else to do. It can't be the suspension, alignment, wheel baanced, so i'm pointing towards the tires now.

I have the psi kinda on the low side, going up to 50psi + wouldnt help would it?

Do you think it has to do with the tire?

What kind of tire would you recommend that looks aggressive, not to expensive and around a 33" x11.5" 17" tire?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
143 Posts
if the roads in st pete are anything like they are in NYC then it aint the tires or the truck, its the roads.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not the roads. Because even perfectly flate roads it bounces like crazy. What would you all do? Thanks

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
maybe you need the tires to be road forced balanced. did you check all the wheel lugs to be sure they torqued them down. maybe check torque on the rear ubolts, might be a little loose.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yeah, what jeff said. If your going through the suspension stroke, and its blowing through it quickly, its the dampening of the suspension, or lack there of. Its def your shock absorber, if im understanding your syptoms right.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well the stock shocks up front are not bad for sure. And the rears got replaced with the lift kit. I dont think it has to do with the suspension. And it is installed correctly for sure. The whole truck bounces front & rear. Even on smooth road thats perfectly flat that wouldn't make the suspension work to much you even feel it. I dont know whats casuing this. It's pretty frautrating. It seems that if you have person or two in the car makes it less noticeble. I dont know why.

You really think it's the suspension then the tires?

Would a D load tire make the ride lot better? What about even a P load Tire just like the stock tires were.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
ok now what your discribing sounds like really, really stiff suspension. was the springs changed in your lift kit? Or could the control arms be bound, siezed up or some thing. It sounds like your suspension is not moving at all, and what your feeling is all of the force of the bumps being transfered to the tires, which would knock your filling out of your teeth.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If i went to a 33" bfg km2 tire thats a D load not a LT tire would it be a lot better?

Could you describe more detail why and what parts of the Calmini suspension causing this fast bouncing up & down?

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So theres not to much of a difference between a E and D load tire?

What is it actually that has to settle in? How long typically?

What tire pressure would you have the tires at?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
My steup is;

2005 Nissan frontier
-Nismo model
-Extended cab
-Auto
-4.0 v6

-5" Calmini Suspension lift
-17" Procomp wheels
-LT295/70R17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10

I just recently got it all done. I had a alignment done and thats perfect. Had the wheels balanced twice. This time its perfect guy said.

Tires are overkill for our trucks what im reading on other threads. It's a 10-ply, E load tire. I have 42 psi up front, & 40 psi in the rear.

Some roads the ride don't seem to bad. But others in the city its horrible. I'ts a real fast bounce up & down. Like shakes the whole truck. Feels like a bad bad wheel balance or flat tire lol. I don't know what else to do. It can't be the suspension, alignment, wheel baanced, so i'm pointing towards the tires now.

I have the psi kinda on the low side, going up to 50psi + wouldnt help would it?

Do you think it has to do with the tire?

What kind of tire would you recommend that looks aggressive, not to expensive and around a 33" x11.5" 17" tire?

Thanks so much.
adding mor air to your tires will not help the ride. it will make it worse. try deflating them to like 35psi

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
If i went to a 33" bfg km2 tire thats a D load not a LT tire would it be a lot better?

Could you describe more detail why and what parts of the Calmini suspension causing this fast bouncing up & down?

Thanks
Well I was just thinking this...lets say your suspension was a solid piece, no movement of any kind, and with your tires on....how would it act. It would hit bumps with HARSH action quick up and down. So I was thinking may be your spring rate is to heavy? (kinda how a monster truck acts when it flat lands from a big jump)

Well let me ask you this...was it ever good? or did you have this problem from the begining? (right after install?)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ya i would rather not switch out tires and rebalance them, and especially find out didnt make any difference.

Ya i understand what your talking about with the suspension.

There at 42 psi front and 40 psi in the back. Maybe 35psi help more. Worth a try i guess.

Its the 5" Calmini suspension lift.

The ride was good before the lift and riding on the stock wheels.

You think over time the suspension will loosen up or something and cause the ride better?

Is there someone that has this same lift and similar tire on here?

So not worth to try another tire your saying?

Give it time with the suspension?

Whats the perfectire pressure for the front & rear for the best ride & so the tires will last?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Ya i would rather not switch out tires and rebalance them, and especially find out didnt make any difference.

Ya i understand what your talking about with the suspension.

There at 42 psi front and 40 psi in the back. Maybe 35psi help more. Worth a try i guess.

Its the 5" Calmini suspension lift.

The ride was good before the lift and riding on the stock wheels.

You think over time the suspension will loosen up or something and cause the ride better?

Is there someone that has this same lift and similar tire on here?

So not worth to try another tire your saying?

Give it time with the suspension?

Whats the perfectire pressure for the front & rear for the best ride & so the tires will last?
First off you gotta use the quote button. Know one knows who your talking to and when.

do you still have the stock tires and rims? If not try and find some one on here that lives close to you so you can try there wheels and see if theres a diffrence if your convinced its the tires. I think its very unlikly, but then again ive been wrong before! LOL!

I was asking before,

1)ever since you put on the suspension, did it act this way?
2)ever since you put on the tires, did it act this way?
3) which one did you do first? Or both at the same time?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It's been like this ever since i had the lift done. Been about a week so far. I had the Lift & wheels done at the same time.

First off you gotta use the quote button. Know one knows who your talking to and when.

do you still have the stock tires and rims? If not try and find some one on here that lives close to you so you can try there wheels and see if theres a diffrence if your convinced its the tires. I think its very unlikly, but then again ive been wrong before! LOL!

I was asking before,

1)ever since you put on the suspension, did it act this way?
2)ever since you put on the tires, did it act this way?
3) which one did you do first? Or both at the same time?
Vince,

There is nothing on the suspension lift that would cause the symptoms you’re describing. The suspension does not require a break in period, as it is composed primarily of solid parts.

Jake

CALMINI Products

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I think the problem is you went from a car like ride to to TRUCK
No... he said it was fine, when it was stock. So he knows what it feels like. Its just after the install it got really bad.

Ok, back you you again, I feel if your convinced its the tires the best way to know is Use some one elses stockers. Where are you located? You may want to start a new thread asking for some one stocks wheels for 10 mins or so.

I really dont think its the tires tho. If they were really stiff side walls it would just compress the suspension more and the tire wouldnt flex at all. I would look into the lift. Or take it back to where the lift was installed at.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts