Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
This has been the trend for decades. It's the way they all do business. Toyota issued a press release which led to an article to impress investors, not customers. Don't you know a publicly traded company's #1 priority is their investors? They want people to invest, marketing will take care of the buyers (sheep). Too bad a privately owned car company can't even come close to competing with a nice, big public company. People want 20K dollar cars, not 150K dollar cars....

·
Registered
574 Posts
They have to do anything they can to help them in their current non-production situation.
Oh how the giants do fall...

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
This has been the trend for decades. It's the way they all do business. Toyota issued a press release which led to an article to impress investors, not customers. Don't you know a publicly traded company's #1 priority is their investors? They want people to invest, marketing will take care of the buyers (sheep). Too bad a privately owned car company can't even come close to competing with a nice, big public company. People want 20K dollar cars, not 150K dollar cars....
My thoughs exactally..

·
Registered
467 Posts
Like plastic bed sides and shitty floor mats/gas pedals wasn't bad enough........

·
Registered
832 Posts
not to sound blunt and unprofessional, but maybe nissan's already doing it, by far further than 30%

... differentials made like china glass, premature timing chain guide failures multiple times even after repairs, radiator/transmission cooler failure leading to transmission failure, super scratcheable interior plastic, electrical gremlins with IPDM, bad engine grounds, failing fuel sending sensors, bad passenger seat rails, seatbelts that don't retract themselves, etc..

transmission and engine in this truck rocks overall, and overall frame build, wish they would have stuck with torsion based suspension in the front from the 1st gens, but whatevs!

other than that, i love this truck, just hoping none of that stuff happens to me, except i've had to switch out the IPDM and ecm already, ipdm fried my ECM. now i need to bypass the radiator transmission cooler before that fails.. poo. :fantastic:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
rad issues was only 05, which u unfortunately have. my engine grounds are fine, so are my seat belts.

keep in mind u have the first year of a redesigned model. every automaker has issues when they redesign a model

·
Registered
146 Posts
Every OEM and every manufacturer...not to mention every business on the planet...cut costs whenever they can. The key is to do it WITHOUT jeopardizing quality, and therefore the customer.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I read that the manufacturer of Toyota's defective gas pedal assemblies (CTS Corp.) also makes them for Nissan, but that Nissan is supplied with a dfferent design. The article says that Toyota engineered their own pedal assembly and contracted with CTS to manufacture it. Probably another example of cost-cutting.

I agree with the posts that conclude that a poorer product results. The vehicles my wife and I owned in the 80's and '90s were excellent. Her '04 Subaru and my '06 Nissan have far less enjoyable to own. Perhaps too it's because of the complexity of today's vehicles -- engines are far more complicated and we have airbags, anti-locks, stability controls, tire monitoring and expensive environmental controls. Add in navigation, bluetooth, DVD, iPod and satellite radio and there's another serving of things to go wrong. I miss the says of simplicity and longevity.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
I just cant get overly upset.
As long as T*y*ta does its job in quality control, it really doesn't matter who makes the part as long as t*y*ta does its job by staying after their suppliers and routinely check the parts they receive.
I have seen castings come out of china with better quality than castings coming from the US or even Germany.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Nissans probably done a great job of cost cutting ahead of Toyota, just think about how many of the same parts are available between all the nissan suvs/trucks. Not sure what the future holds for nissan but i'd personally hate to see a trend of going to a smaller frontier. They would probably do good if they keep the III Gen frontier about the same size with a turbodiesel and streamlining a few more of the details, because regardless of how the economy is right now its going to get burning hot again sooner than you think and people are gonna still want decent sized trucks with enough horsepower to get laid with and impress their friends

1 - 14 of 14 Posts