Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am getting ready to fab up a hookie bobbin hitch as i call it.

it will be made out of 1/4" 2" square tubing and it will be the width of the pickup. it will plug into the hitch receiver. it is going to have 4 eye bolts welded on the 50+" bar and have 4 small shackles hangin off of them for a rope tying point. and have plastic end caps. will have gussets welded to it also. i am just getting a feel if anyone wants to have me fab up one for them. when i get the prices all figured out ill post up. along with some pics of finished product. (this will prolly be 3+ weeks away)

okay guys so the $ i have into this already
$9 for eye bolts
$25 for 4 gussets (ill use just plain ones for the others) these are spider webbed.
$15 for 10 end caps (plastic)
and still need to get some shackles and the tubing.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
maybe im not hip but what the world is it for ?? got pics??

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
x2

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
for like towing sleds behind you...you know? something to hook ropes onto

no pics yet as this idea came from my head lol ill draw something up

its rough but youll get it

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i think u may be the only one into pulling sleds with your truck. ur talking like radio flyer sleds? flying saucers? the kind i see the neighborhood kids using during a snowstorm on the local hill?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think u may be the only one into pulling sleds with your truck. ur talking like radio flyer sleds? flying saucers? the kind i see the neighborhood kids using during a snowstorm on the local hill?
omg you guys dont know how to live lol like snow sleds yes. you guys never go up in the mountains and tie sleds to the back and pull people with them? damn

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
You mean for pulling people back up the hill so they don't walk? We used to do that with snowmobiles. We would go to a huge hill to go sledding, and trade off while one person runs the snowmobile to shuttle people back up the hill.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean for pulling people back up the hill so they don't walk? We used to do that with snowmobiles. We would go to a huge hill to go sledding, and trade off while one person runs the snowmobile to shuttle people back up the hill.
thats a good idea too, but no i just mean by hooking sleds to it and driving around in the mountains. dang you guys really dont do this? lol

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
never done that. Probably because i don't particularly like the taste of bumpers! Probably why I still have all my teeth!

How does the sled stop when the truck stops?!

Anyway, with as light a "load" as a kid on a sled is, just tie the rope to your bumper or tie a loop in the end and slide it into your hitch reciever tube with the pin to hold it in place.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
never done that. Probably because i don't particularly like the taste of bumpers! Probably why I still have all my teeth!

How does the sled stop when the truck stops?!

Anyway, with as light a "load" as a kid on a sled is, just tie the rope to your bumper or tie a loop in the end and slide it into your hitch reciever tube with the pin to hold it in place.
pay attention and put your feet down! lol yeah we just use the holes on the hitch but i thought it will be cool to fab something up with more tie points

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
this thread is all fiction unless you post VIDEOS! ;)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this thread is all fiction unless you post VIDEOS! ;)
lol i dont have any vids of this particular act. but i will when i go next time. awh ill even take shots of the new hook up too hah

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
thats a good idea too, but no i just mean by hooking sleds to it and driving around in the mountains. dang you guys really dont do this? lol
well no, not around where i live for a number of reasons. but 3 rush to the forefront of my mind, 1. dumb idea, 2. dangerous, 3. illegal.

so no i dont do it, at all.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This would be so you can have more people at one time smash into the the back of the truck, right? GOOD thinkin!!! :laugh:
its not that hard to stop you have plenty of rope time from when the truck has stopped moving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts