Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do black plexi glass and see through black plastic hood protectors/ deflectors look good on a silver fronty? I like the look of them on the Xterra but can’t decide whether or not to put one on my truck. Thoughts?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Google is your friend.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The OEM deflector is a nice product. Buy all your OEM accessories at the same time and get up to 25% off if you shop nissan online. Nissan did a good job prepping the truck for accessories.

Whether it looks good or not is very subjective and depends on the look you are going for. My last two white trucks got black fender flares, body side molding and other black accents and looked good.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't think I have any pics, I can get one but it looks good on Grey. I think it would like great on silver too.

Sort of same topic but... do these things actually do anything? The truck had it on when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
IFF there's any truth to this, I had read the OEM hood (& window) deflectors can/will turn toward a 'bit' of a brown tint over time. So I instead went w/ AVS Aeroskin hood protector on my Brilliant Silver truck. The main caveat is that it is an adhesive adherence...meaning, you essentially get one chance to get it 'stuck' on correctly. I was lucky it was only ~1/8" off true center. If I had to do this again, I would enlist the help of another to help ensure it goes on straight/symmetrical.

Some prefer a hood protector/deflector that stands above the surface of the hood. I prefer the type that sits flush 'on' the hood's surface. It looks more aerodynamic...and looks sharp on my silver Fronty.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
just buy it, who cares what others think..... n add some rain guards on the sides too ;P

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
IFF there's any truth to this, I had read the OEM hood (& window) deflectors can/will turn toward a 'bit' of a brown tint over time. So I instead went w/ AVS Aeroskin hood protector on my Brilliant Silver truck. The main caveat is that it is an adhesive adherence...meaning, you essentially get one chance to get it 'stuck' on correctly. I was lucky it was only ~1/8" off true center. If I had to do this again, I would enlist the help of another to help ensure it goes on straight/symmetrical.

Some prefer a hood protector/deflector that stands above the surface of the hood. I prefer the type that sits flush 'on' the hood's surface. It looks more aerodynamic...and looks sharp on my silver Fronty.
I have had my OEM hood deflector for 8 years, no color change at all. Put it on the minute i got a rock chip on the hood.

·
Registered
277 Posts
IFF there's any truth to this, I had read the OEM hood (& window) deflectors can/will turn toward a 'bit' of a brown tint over time.
Oh, I hope so. Will go great with my Forged Copper!

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
957 Posts
just buy it, who cares what others think..... n add some rain guards on the sides too ;P
Yeah the rain guards are great. You can put the windows down a half inch or so in the summer and it lets the hot air out when parked.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
@RedDR i like the profile pic.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love mine! makes it looks great rather then a work truck lol

Is that the Nissan One that you can get from the dealer or is that another brand. It seems like the one from the dealer doesn’t go all the way across the hood

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
Oh, I hope so. Will go great with my Forged Copper!
Yeah, you'll be GTG.
While I'm certainly no fashion-monger, I do know and can see that browns/tans & grays/silvers don't jive real well together. :surprise:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is that the Nissan One that you can get from the dealer or is that another brand. It seems like the one from the dealer doesn’t go all the way across the hood
This is the Nissan one.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
The OEM deflector is a nice product. Buy all your OEM accessories at the same time and get up to 25% off if you shop nissan online. Nissan did a good job prepping the truck for accessories.

Whether it looks good or not is very subjective and depends on the look you are going for. My last two white trucks got black fender flares, body side molding and other black accents and looked good.
Is there a preferred Nissan discount dealership that everyone uses ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts