Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Homelink -- Securing

Has anyone rewired their mirror so the Homelink isn't hot with the key off? I'm usually good about locking the truck but..... From the mirror wiring diagram it appears that pin 10 is hot from the battery and pin 6 is tied to the ignition. Considering clipping the hot lead and making a jumper from pin 6 to pin 10.

CJ JAX

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
behind the glove box is a fuse box, there is a fuse that says "mirror", i use that one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You use the fuse to disable the mirror? Or there is a fuse you connected to to have the power switched?

CJ JAX

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Key Controlled Homelink

Popped the overhead console today and traced down the wires to the Homelink. My previous assumption was correct and the red wire with yellow is continuous hot. The white wire with green is the switched power. I exposed the bundle under the upper console and clipped the red/yellow wire going to pin 10 on the mirror connector. Crimped a connector on the hot side to save in case I ever need a hot lead up there. Using a positap I connected the red/yellow wire to the white/green wire. Now the Homelink will only work when the key is on. As I said previously I am usually good about locking the truck at night but can be hit or miss during the day. Now I no longer have to worry about someone getting access to the garage/motorcycles/tools via the Homelink.

CJ JAX

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
What year & model do you have? My 16 Pro4 didn't come with a homelink mirror, I got an aftermarket that I just put in, but it doesn't have the temp sensor. I'd like to find one with both.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Popped the overhead console today and traced down the wires to the Homelink. My previous assumption was correct and the red wire with yellow is continuous hot. The white wire with green is the switched power. I exposed the bundle under the upper console and clipped the red/yellow wire going to pin 10 on the mirror connector. Crimped a connector on the hot side to save in case I ever need a hot lead up there. Using a positap I connected the red/yellow wire to the white/green wire. Now the Homelink will only work when the key is on. As I said previously I am usually good about locking the truck at night but can be hit or miss during the day. Now I no longer have to worry about someone getting access to the garage/motorcycles/tools via the Homelink.

CJ JAX
Never thought about it but this is a very good idea, and was just about ready to do this myself when I realized that my truck don't got Homelink... :frown:

·
Super Moderator
10,768 Posts
You do have a good point on this and that's why my Harley, Challenger and my sons Roush Mustang are discretely wired to the house alarm system with magnetic connectors and if they are disconnected without proper code the central station calls the police with a description including license plate numbers as a stolen vehicle.

Clint

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What year & model do you have? My 16 Pro4 didn't come with a homelink mirror, I got an aftermarket that I just put in, but it doesn't have the temp sensor. I'd like to find one with both.

I have a 2012 SL Crew Cab.

CJ JAX

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You do have a good point on this and that's why my Harley, Challenger and my sons Roush Mustang are discretely wired to the house alarm system with magnetic connectors and if they are disconnected without proper code the central station calls the police with a description including license plate numbers as a stolen vehicle.

Clint
Hmmm........ thanks for the ideas.

CJ JAX

·
Super Moderator
10,768 Posts
Hmmm........ thanks for the ideas.

CJ JAX
The 3 vehicles are on three separate zones so that's how they would know which vehicle was taken. The keypad is digital and states room names and other identifying information.
The whole system has 16 zones total.

Clint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts